< Upheaval: Diversions

Monday, September 12, 2005

Diversions

Let me preface the story by saying I have very oily skin. My complexion is usually pretty clear, but when it is hot outside and I am 15 months pregnant, my face gets oily.

Because my baby bottle is ready to fall off the end of my chart, and I don't see an end in sight, I thought I would keep myself very busy today. I got up at 9 and showered, dressed, fixed my hair and ate. Then I left for a day of errands and keeping busy.

When I left the house, I thought I looked normal. I saw many people during my day out on the town. I went to the dry cleaner, the bank, the dollar store, the mall, Taco Bell, and Walmart. When I came home, I really had to go to the bathroom, so I rushed in the house and threw my stuff down. I ran in the bathroom, past my mirror to the toilet. I relieved myself quickly, while thinking "Hey! My face looked strange when I went by the mirror!" So of course I checked it out.

Guess what?

I had grown a "friend" during my day out on the town. And no one told me! How sad for me. Not only do I waddle and wear mismatched clothes that are out of season, I look like I have not washed my face in a month. Of course, I have remedied the problem now, but all the people I saw today have probably added me to their "people in need of love" prayer list.

13 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Yeah... We love you anyhow.

Hee. Hee.

pxqfx

5:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ditto what ben said, and I'd like to add that the more pregnant you become, the funnier you get!

Hope you have that boy tonight, bless your heart!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

I love you much more!!! :) hehehe...don't worry about the friend...I had one too...but he too is gone! :)

So how was the cd?? Hope all is well!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

So are you saying it's bad to waddle around and wear mismatched clothing that's out of season? 'Cause I do that all the time, and I've never been pregnant.

Hope that baby makes his appearance soon!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

sharkey, someone who spends more than 30 seconds folding a set of sheets SURELY doesn't wear mismatched clothes. in my mind, you are martha stewart!

thanks for the well wishes, but he probably won't be here till they induce on wednesday morning. but i accept thoughts and prayers anyway!

tiyqyypa!!!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Tomorrow's the big day???? YEA!

15 months pregnant and bottle falling off the chart. HA HA HA HA!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

I had to laugh at that one, Amstaff. Funny!

I'm surprised Dillon isn't waving at the world at this point.

Amanda, remember, Mom is sporting several friends for your sake.

Perhaps some Vitamin Water will help. At least you'll laugh.

8:28 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

dude. amanda. you need to tell Dillon to pop himself right out of you. no more holding on to that security blanket-placenta. i'm glad they're inducing. otherwise, i think it's likely that you could just be raising a child inside your womb until he's 18 and ready to be unleashed on the world.

but then, he'd probably be a social outcast, since he'd never interacted with anyone before, and can you imagine how ENORMOUS you would be if you really carried him within your womb until he was 18?!?

freak out.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

There is this wonderful stuff, I bought some for my roommate when she got pregnant. Its also good for scars and breakouts. Palmers cocoa butter. It comes in lotion and chapstick and oil. Its great stuff. when I got into a car accident when i was 16 and had several scars on my face i put that on and they faded away, and they work great for zits. And they made one specifically for mommies to be. Great stuff

9:36 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

This was hilarious... I am so excited to hear that they are inducing tomarrow. I will be praying for you as I had pitocin with MacKenzie..... I tell you about it AFTER you have delivered! Praying for you and baby!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

We ARE going to get a post tomorrow, right?????

>:p

4:01 PM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

you're funny. like your blog.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

yeah, i will post tomorrow because our hospital is well equipped with wireless internet and people who will take dictation for me.

oops. that was a fantasy hospital. lol...

really, i will have a guest blogger to post details. :)

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home