< Upheaval: Secrets and a DVR

Friday, January 07, 2005

Secrets and a DVR

I have a delicious secret. It is more delicious than this coke float I am having for a snack. It is way more delicious than poppyseed dressing (Jessica)!


I am not the best secret keeper. Christmas gifts kill me. I drop barely-disguised hints, then act disappointed when the recipient guesses what it is. I think this posting is the first of many hints I will post incessantly until someone just flat out figures it out.


To save myself for tonight, I am going to change the subject. I would like to tell you about my DVR. This is something that my husband got for himself, but I have quickly overtaken it. DVR is an option with digital cable and it works like TiVo. You can record shows (up to three at a time!), rewind shows you are watching, and pause the tv if the phone rings. All this for only $2.95 a month! This may be even better than ... oh, I dunno... MY COKE FLOAT?!?!?!


I am not a television watcher, but this has turned me into one! I can fastforward commercials on the shows I record. I can rewind 10 seconds at a time if I missed a word or a phrase. I can fastforward the dance part of Ellen, since it is the same every day! I watch about two hours of television a day now, all in about 36 minutes. Pretty efficient, huh?

I am sure other people have had this kind of luxury for years, but it is new to my little town and I am durn proud of it.


4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I bet I know what secret you're talking about!!! :)

When do the clues start???..just in case I don't...

8:16 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

You better not have a secret like I'm thinkin' or you're in BIG TROUBLE cuz I'm your sister and I get first dibs on big secrets!

I will calmly await your teasers..I mean, clues...and try to guess like the common friend. SHEESH

8:34 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

Um, Amanda. Is your secret what we all think it is? Am I allowed to guess yet? Because I'm sure you can imagine what we're all thinking...

9:09 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Hehehe...I love secrets...because like you...I can only keep them for a very short time...don't tell me your secret...unless if you want all to know...hehehe...no...you can trust me...I won't tell...I promise... :)

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home