< Upheaval

Saturday, September 17, 2005

I never thought I could love "us" more. Daniel is so funny, and sweet, and strong. I think we are perfect for each other and I dare anyone to tell me any different. When we decided that we wanted children, I was in love with the idea. God blessed us by allowing us to become pregnant fairly easily, and I had an easy and enjoyable pregnancy.

Let me bring you to my state of mind on Tuesday night. I was panicky. I knew that our family dynamic was about to change completely. "What have we done?" I thought. I was really afraid and unsure, and there was nothing I could do about it. I was getting induced on Wednesday, and this baby was coming home with us.

Wednesday was one of the funnest and scariest days of my life. I will long look back on it and laugh at some hilarity that happened, and cringe at the painful moments. I make jokes to get through difficult times in my life, so Labor and Delivery Room 2 was a riot. But inside I was still so scared.

Then, I looked to my side and saw my best friend. He held my hand. He said sweet things and encouraged me. When Dillon finally got here at the end of the day, I saw the pride shining in his eyes. I have watched video of Daniel carrying our son to the waiting room to greet the world, and I see that his feet do not touch the ground.

There is no one else I would want to experience this with. And with this new tiny person to hold in our arms, I have never been more in love with "us."

11 Comments:

Blogger Sharkey said...

What a great post--you made me cry. Here I thought it would be all about that beautiful new baby, and instead it was about all three of you.

Sounds like you had quite a time. Hope you're feeling okay, and glad you're "back."

dcffx

1:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

You two are a very special pair, and I am so thankful that you are now the perfect three! This "us" loves your "us" very much!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your feelings. This is a beautiful post from a beautiful person. Made me tear up a little.

3:24 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

wow, amanda. i love this post! and i want to see pictures of sweet Dillon! with the fam!

i'm so thankful that you and Daniel found each other. everytime you talk about him, it becomes more and more evident to me that he is exactly what God knew you needed. not that i had any doubts in the first place.

love you! :)

yopgymk!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

AS, wonderful post! And Congratulations!!! I admit that I share those same fears. Thank you for the encouragement!!

woggdcf

7:48 AM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Congrats Amanda! That is so wonderful!

9:41 AM  
Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

Isn't it amazing! I mean, I totally know what you mean about fearing the change in the relationship. Paul and I have been married 7 years next month, and because it had just been the two of us for so long, I wondered (and at times still do) what would change. But so far, you know what's changed? I love him even more. To see him care for our daughter with such joy and pride makes my heart swell.

How's recovery going?

1:32 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Congrats! ...MOM.

Used to the sound of that yet?

Great post.

If I wasn't already in love with "US"... this post would have made me fall in love with You guys.

lol.

great post. great post. great post.

gzvipubr

2:08 PM  
Blogger Quycksilver said...

So happy for you guys!
Many, many congratulations!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

thanks for the well wishes!

you guys are all so great - it is fun to share this with you!

9:01 PM  
Blogger JLR said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so glad that you and baby Dillon are healthy and happy!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home