< Upheaval: Weight Watchers

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Weight Watchers

I hate dieting. It is really frustrating to me, so I can totally understand why Dillon is frustrated.

I have had to put him on a "diet." I have to restrict his consumption of certain things, and it is driving him crazy. The list of "no-no" things is pretty short, but we add to it daily.

The first thing we had on the list was "dried out caterpillars and roly-poly bugs." He hated that one, cause he and Tux are always finding bugs and worms near the doors of our house. Now he knows he isn't supposed to eat them, and it just makes him want them that much more.

The second item was "slivers of pink soap from the tub." Gagging all the while, Dillon chewed merrily on a piece last week, tiny suds slipping out of the corner of his mouth. I explained that this would give him "the shoots" and he needed to not do that.

Today we added "orange washable markers." During a minimally supervised coloring activity, Dillon bit the pointy end off the marker, and then proceeded to suck all the ink out. He grinned a huge orange grin at me, his white teeth offset nicely by the orange ink dripping between them.

I am sure there will be many more things I have to take away. Like dog food, paper, and hair. If only dieting like an adult were as easy as dieting like a baby.

3 Comments:

Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

I'm kind of glad to see my little princess isn't the only one with this kind of eating problem.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Mine prefers wood products; like books, her former crib's headboards, the coffee table...but she'll gladly eat silicone, plastic or her hair!
Drives me nuts!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Amazing what kids will eat. Still not as scary as that lady who ate corn starch by the bag!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home