< Upheaval: Food concerns

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Food concerns

When Dillon was a baby, I remember delighting in dinner time. I would "share" a jarful of baby apricots with him. I would get excited when he was having Hawaiian Delight, cause I knew that mostly, I would be having Hawaiian Delight. I loved the tropical fruit medleys, the fancy mixes of raspberries and peaches, the sweet apple pie flavor of the apple custards.

My question is, where did all of these foods go? It is almost impossible to find baby desserts (and I know cause I have look at all of two local grocery stores.) How am I supposed to carefully cultivate Korenna's sweet tooth? And how am I supposed to kill my own before-dinner snacking urge if I can't squelch it with some pureed fruit n' sugar?

Have we really become that healthy that we can't feed our babies good ol' desserts? What do I give her if she finishes her peas? A nice treat of .... carrots? Squash? And most importantly, what do I give ME? Cause baby raisin granola is not where its at. I might as well have a puffy star or two.

4 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Hahaha! I never did the baby desserts, and it's been a while since I've bought baby food (thank goodness!) so I can't direct you to the local grocery store that still stocks sweets. How 'bout the two of you enjoy some nice pears, or mixed fruit. Or, you can always be really adventurous and make your own! Hahaha!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Oh there's nothing like pureed baby deserts, is there? Even before my own kids came along, I remember tasting Clayton's pureed plum dessert and LOVED it. Of course, I also enjoyed sucking on your bottle of fruit juice until I got busted doing it.

There's a huge selection of different deserts at Whole Foods (you know, cuz I heart Whole Foods) with their Earth's Best baby food. I can get you, I mean, Korenna, some jars if you like.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

I guess I like deserts as well as desserts...

12:30 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Oh come on. . .carrots for dessert is spectacular ~ glazed! ;o)

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home