< Upheaval: All grown up

Sunday, September 07, 2008

All grown up

Dillon, the little baby who was just born yesterday it seems, turns 3 this week. That is amazing! I cannot believe he has been around that long.

His vocabulary is absurd. He picks up the funniest little phrases:

M: Dillon? Do you need to go potty?
D: No, mama. I just fine.

M: Dillon! I am so proud you didn't go potty in your bed!
D: Yeah. Tanks you be paysent wit me. (Thanks for being patient with me.)

*******

He is obsessed with trains, particularly Thomas. We talk about Thomas all day long. I made the mistake of telling him a couple of weeks ago that we were going to see the real Thomas at the train station soon.

Ooops. He has asked about it every day since then, and it is still 5 weeks away. Kids don't forget.

******

He has transitioned to utter adoration of his daddy, and I think it is precious. "Mama! You see my daddy? He is a pwees oppicer! He is, mama, he is!"

His daddy has been out of town for the past many, many nights. Every night as he is getting into bed, he says "Lets just wait. Daddy be home any minute, okay mama?"

*****

He still wants oatmeal every Saturday. He still picks a toy to sleep with at night, and likes his same blue blanket. He likes for me to hold him when he is tired. He wants "a sugars and a hug" at night before bed. He loves his outside swing, dogs, and Little Einstein bandaids.

So, I take what I can get. One day he will be too old for all of that, but today, he is still my little boy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

How precious! Enjoy Mama! ;o)

2:41 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Happy Birthday Dillon!

12:50 PM  
Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

Happy Birthday Dillon!

Isn't it crazy?! Three years?!? Jadyn's birthday is tomorrow. Remember how we felt 3 years ago? Ugh! Hot, out to ---->HERE pregnant and ready to no longer be pregnant. I can't believe how fast it's gone.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Kandace said...

So sweet. It's crazy how they turn into cute little men over night! Happy Birthday Dillon!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DILLON!!!

We love you!

Aunt Jenny, Uncle H, Bella and Ava!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home