< Upheaval: Apprehension

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Apprehension

I have actually never posted from school before so this should be interesting. I can already see that I can't change my font size or type. Probably because this computer is a "mac." All schools have "macs." I, not being a graphic-oriented person, cannot stand this kind of computer. I have heard that they are good for some things. Like, if you lock your keys in your car, you can type in a few words on your keyboard, then pick your monitor up and toss it through the window of your car, in order to get the keys out. But I digress...


I am going to the baby doctor today for the first time. He is going to do some investigative stuff. Daniel is coming with me, in hopes that he will get to witness the utter humiliation that is a "pap smear." I am pretty nervous about this whole thing. What if there is not a baby in there? I know that is morbid and sort of depressing, but that is my current preoccupation.


I will post most of the sordid details later. Meanwhile, keep me in your prayers. Pregnancy and nervousness make me gassy and I would HATE to embarrass myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

And? How was it?

5:15 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

It was okay. He just poked around. We can't hear the heartbeat until my next appointment, which will be February 15th.

It was fun to watch Daniel squirming in the corner, though! Wish I'd had the camera...

5:38 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Was that his first gyno experience? Poor guy. Didn't even get to leave with the sweet innocence of his child's heartbeat. Had to leave with thoughts of his wife's woman world getting swabbed into a petri dish.

To make it fair, you should go with him to his next physical. You could coach him. "Cough! Louder!"

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home