< Upheaval: It's a bird! It's a plane! It's.... GADGETMAN!

Thursday, February 03, 2005

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's.... GADGETMAN!

I am going to blog about my husband. I have a signed waiver from him. He was reluctant, but I bargained, as only a woman can bargain. I will leave the rest to your imagination.


Daniel is a wonderful guy. He is funny - hilariously so. He is honest. He is hard-working. He is faithful. He is exactly right for me.


However...


He loves gadgets. He is addicted to "made for TV" crap. He loves it, yearns for it, thinks about it, and asks for it, until it is his. I am going to tell you about only a few of the gadgets that we have in our home. These are things that he has, and I tolerate, but I am sure venting about them will make my toleration stronger.


Item Number One: The Toothpaste Squisher Thing

This attaches to a regular tube of toothpaste, and makes it an annoyingly-top-heavy tube of toothpaste. It is "designed" to force the paste or gel from the bottom of the tube to the "neck area" of the tube, for easier dispensing. My peeve is that the tube becomes so heavy at the top that it flips out of "dental hygeine accessories jar" onto the floor. My life was pretty easy when I was just using the muscles God gave me in order to squeeze the toothpaste out, but this gadget makes Daniel immensely happy. Almost giddy.


Item Number Two: The All-For-One Measuring Spoon

Daniel doesn't cook but he really wanted me to have this measuring spoon. At its smallest, it is a teaspoon, but you slide the plastic down and it can become as large as a tablespoon. WOWSER! This is an annoyance simply because - does it REALLY get clean in the dishwasher or does the slidy plastic hide germs??


Item Number Three: The Liquid Caddy

I originally called this the "shower caddy" and Daniel, who is reading over my shoulder, quickly corrected me. "Oh, that's a cool gadget!" he exclaimed, "But it is called a Liquid Caddy."

This is a hunk of plastic that adheres to the inside of your shower. It has three sections: one for shampoo, one for conditioner, and one for body soap. You press a button at the bottom of each section to obtain about three molecules of each product. For people who have hair, this extends shower time by about 19 minutes, since you have to spend a lot of time pumping the button.


Item Number Four: The Clapper

Okay, so we don't have a clapper, but I bet he used to have one when they were popular.


Daniel is afraid he will sound "gay" so I would like to tell you that he is very masculine and he pees standing up.

4 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

amanda. i am sitting at home, pathetically laughing out loud. these gadgets are so funny!

it's like that time i bought the bun and thigh roller. oh. wait. did i just admit that out loud?

i can't believe you have a Liquid Caddy. do you feel like you are at the gym each time you take a shower? because i've been a member of several gyms, each at which i would occasionally take showers, and they had those.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I refuse to use the Liquid Caddy. It takes too much effort. So, despite Daniel's attempt at reducing clutter in the shower, I have six bottles of various cleansers in addition to the Liquid Caddy.

Maybe the gym association is what makes him like the Liquid Caddy. I never thought of that!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Because I love Daniel and think he's wonderful...I'm here to let him know he can find all those products AND MORE! Just got to www.tvcomplete.com! They've got the Miracle Blades, the Blazin Chicken Roaster, the Ding King and MUCH MUCH MORE!

So, stop by and ORDER NOW!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I have the toothpaste squishy thing, too, but I don't have a container that it falls out of. Mine is in a drawer. In fact, I happen to like my squishy thing because my husband is the king of driving me nuts about squishing in the middle of the toothpaste tube! So, now I have a way to combat his problem.

I don't have the rest of the stuff, though, but I will admit that your husband is the KING of gadgets!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home