< Upheaval: Guest blogger

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Guest blogger

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Mom has been speaking ill of me to the whole internet! She thinks I do not read this "blog," but what else should I do while she is napping the day away??

Let me set a few things straight.

I did eat some rocks! They tasted good and cold, like ice. I started out just holding them in my mouth, but they are smooth river stones, and they slid right down. One after another. Time and time again. I admit, it was kind of an addiction. But I am OVER it. Also, Mom took all the rocks away and I can't even find the ficus tree anymore.

Secondly, I did sit in the bathtub! Try having a coat of black hair in the hot, sunny apartment in the summertime. I bet you would give anything to have the cool porcelain against your belly while you napped. That is why I did what I did. No one would ever have known if I hadn't gotten so careless. I used to do it when they were out, but once, I forgot and needed some relief from the heat while they were home. Embarrassing? Yes. Am I ashamed? Absolutely not. My parents do weirder things than that.

Finally, I don't like to be crowded! I don't like things to touch me when I walk. I don't go through doors that aren't opened all the way. I have been known to get stuck behind the recliner because Mom rearranged the furniture and put it back too close to the fireplace. I believe the humans get medication for this disorder, but I am one tough dog. I don't rely on drugs to modify my behavior. I just live with it.

Mom probably forgot to tell you how smart I am. I can shake (two ways), fetch, sit, lay down, roll over, dance, and speak. Of course, all dogs can do these things. I just do them on command, so Humans think I am smart.

Also, for the record, I know that I am supposed to stay off the couch, but I can't go around obeying them all the time!!! What, do they think they own me???

12 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Weird, Zainy post.

lol.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Yay for the guest blogger! :)

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Dog, you forgot to add one thing to the list--you can type on a keyboard. Very impressive!

You crack me up, Amanda. :)

11:26 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Some humans have to suffer with the black hair reaching a temperature of 180 degrees on a summer day as well, and you don't see me laying in an empty tub.

Very creative Amanda Sue. We are both owners of dogs with the "gift of hearing" (large ears).

11:42 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Tux, I love you in all your neurotic ways, but mostly I am oober impressed with your typing ability! Who knew?!

Don't worry, our fat cat Mia lays in the tub too. But you just stand, don't you Tux? Try laying, it is much more relaxing.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tux, I don't blame you one bit for the bathtub thing. You go ahead and lounge in there all you want, buddy. Your mommy will tolerate it as long as you are sweet and don't eat her books or shoes.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, can you guys see my picture? Mom has some notes here from Jessica on how to post a picture, but it doesn't seem to be working...

hurry and let me know! she just ran to the store real quick and should be right back!

3:35 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

nope. no profile picture showing up. try again.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not a profile picture. this is one of ME, the guest blogger. right smack in the middle of this post?

please tell me its there!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

It is, Tux. And it isn't touching anything else.

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whew. thanks aunt jen.

hey - have you noticed that mom is putting on a lot of weight? i didn't want to say anything, but it is getting really obvious. someone should talk to her.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Have you noticed people talking to her tummy? Kinda weird, huh?

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home