< Upheaval: Oh, yeah!

Monday, June 20, 2005

Oh, yeah!

Guess who came to see me this weekend? Only the most prissy almost-one-year-old niece that I have - Miss Isabella, herself.

She exhausted herself running (yes, running!) around the living room, distributing her toys and other random findings to all of the adults in the room. She continuously chattered about each thing, using her very sweet baby-voice to occassionally exclaim softly, "Oh, yeah!" when she found something she really liked. She spent a lot of time giving kisses to pictures in their frames, particularly pictures of herself! And blessed is the adult who received a mush-mouthed, wet, smeary "kiss" of his own! This child is a shameless flirt.

Nature and common sense dictate that her mother loves this child more than I could ever love her, and in light of that, it is a wonder that Jenn's heart doesn't burst every day from overuse.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

It is truly amazing to watch your child grow from a sleeping, pooping being to a running-around, laughing and hugging little individual.

Isabella has changed every aspect of my life, including my way of thinking and my purpose on Earth.

She sure loves her Aunt Amanda! I can only imagine the mush-mouthed, wet, smeary kisses she'll have for her baby cousin :)

9:39 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

what happened to the site design? are you boycotting the posted note?

1:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know how you feel, Amanda!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

jes - i was just ready for something different.

vanessa - i knew you would. :)

5:45 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Hmmmm... Nothing insightful from my blog except that I have a perverse addiction to Texas blogs. I am amazed that you still visit. ;) Based on that description, I wouldn't read my own blog. lol.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

be careful what you wish for ben! :)

6:23 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Aren't you looking forward to when your son grows up to be a flirt too?! :) Sounds like you and Isabella had a good time despite the wet kisses. Kids are just the best - I can't wait to have one of my own!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Amanda sue... you are too funny... and of course, why I keep coming back for more.

I pick my nose? LOL. Yep. You're right... but if we are ALL honest with ourselves... we have all picked our nose at one time or another. ;)

9:27 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Just stopped by to say "hi". Haven't talked to you in awhile!

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home