< Upheaval: A million little pages

Sunday, November 20, 2005

A million little pages

Okay, so I love to read. I will read just about anything, and once I start a book, I have to finish it, even if it causes me pain.

I usually like the books that Oprah ('s paid book readers) recommends (recommend). Daniel told me about "A Million Little Pieces" by David Frey. He saw a special about it on Oprah, and she was pitching the book because she (and her paid book readers) really loved it. She (they) stayed up all night reading it (to her) because it was riveting.

So I bought it. Full price, nonetheless.

And I am reading it. Page by miserable page.

Is this book going to get any better? Because right now, I am in the depths of despair. I am addicted to every drug under the sun, and I have never even smoked tobacco!

If you have read it, give me some hope here. If you haven't read it, don't start. Unless I tell you it gets better in the next 999,907 pages.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

I don't think I've ever heard of someone making herself suffer through a book. Perhaps this stems from childhood. Sleepless nights laying on stacks of books.

It IS okay to not finish the 999,907 pages left. Do you need intervention?

9:33 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Put the book down...slowly walk away from it...and then go and put some school work on top of it...and I promis you, you will never touch it again!! :)

10:54 AM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I hope it gets better for ya! But you sound like me, once I start a book, I have to finish it no matter how bad it is.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

despite the depressing nature of this book, and the extreme overuse of the "f" word, i am sticking with it.

actually, it is hard to put down, just because you keep hoping this guy will get better. of course, he does, because he lives to write a book, but still.

i will keep you posted.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was forced to read a lot of books I didn't enjoy while I was getting my masters and now I have a 100-page rule. I will NOT invest more time than 100 pages on a book that is torturing me.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

My two favorite books of all time (and I have read A LOT of books, we have WALLS of them in my house) are Angels and Demons, and The Corner of His Eye by Dean Koontz. I could NOT put down the Dean Koontz book- I think I finished it in 2 days- running back from class just to read this book.
I even think I cried at the end, just a little.

8:56 AM  
Blogger ~Jennifer said...

I was just thinking about that book this morning. I don't even know why it popped into my head, but I was wondering if it was really worth reading. I have a stack of books that I'm trying to get to, but I thought I might go get it and add it to my stack. Maybe I'll wait to see if it gets better for you.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home