< Upheaval: Got purple?

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Got purple?

Did you watch Oprah yesterday? Maybe I am a little late to jump on the bandwagon, but this preacher guy has a great idea! He wants a Complaint-Free World. Wow! Those are high aspirations! Here is how it works:

You wear this purple rubber bracelet (the ones that got popular after LiveStrong) on one arm. When you catch yourself complaining, you move the bracelet to the other arm. The goal is to wear it on the same arm for 21 days. That means, no complaining for THREE WEEKS!

I am the queen of complaining. Okay, maybe the princess of complaining. This is going to be tough, but Daniel is sure I can't do it. So that means I HAVE TO! Few things beat the sweet taste of proving him wrong!

So, do you think this will work? Will you try it?

7 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

Um, you first.

I have far too much worth complaining about right now.

ha!

It is a great idea and it'll be interesting to see you meet the challenge. Can you write complaints on paper? Keep a complaint journal? Then at least Daniel wouldn't HEAR them.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I saw that in People Magazine. While I'd love to try going 21 days without complaining, my work environs prohibit that. :-D

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see the piece, so I don't know if he addressed the question but,

What's wrong with complaining?

Life is difficult sometimes. And sometimes complaining about things helps.

Question number 2: what counts as complaining?

1:13 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

momsquared - i think the idea is to increase our positive thoughts and attitude. complaining seems to be very prevalent in our society - from complaining about the weather to griping at our spouses. he just wants to make the world a better place.

i think complaining is different for different people. for me complaining is as minute as a look or a sigh!

5:45 PM  
Blogger louann said...

That's something new to me (the bracelet thing not the complaining). And then it goes back to your post on us forgetting our blessings. THat maybe if we remember to count our blessings, we will be able to wear that bracelet on one arm for 3 weeks. Freaky though. Sometimes, I complain to keep my sanity.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

Those bracelets make my arms itchy. And I hate purple! Who wants a purple bracelet? I mean, come on! PURPLE?!?

Oops . . . guess I'm not doing so well, am I?

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Henri said...

Hi, thanks for sharing this

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home