< Upheaval: A night alone

Monday, May 07, 2007

A night alone

Last night, Daniel went fishing with a friend. This is one of those wonderful things that happens where he gets to do what he wants, but really, I get the better end of the deal! We put Dillon to bed and straightened up the house. He chatted with me for a minute while I fixed a quick dinner, and then he left. At 8 o'clock!

I had a whole evening of freedom!

I decided to spend some time reading and then go to bed early. Doesn't that sound better than anything else???

I started some bath water, and picked a new book to read. I sat down to check my email "one last time before bed" then surfed around on the web for a little bit. I found some hilarious videos on YouTube. I read some reviews of some new camera equipment I want. I scanned Google Images for some pictures that I need for school. Finally, after the Internet had whittled away half of my "free time," I got up to get ready for bed.

The house felt humid, so I stopped by to check the thermostat. I reached up to touch the hall lightswitch, and I heard a strange slurping sound. Pausing to listen, I realized that it was coming from the bathroom.

I pushed the door open, and imagine my horror when I realized that my bathwater was within millimeters of the top of the tub, with fresh water pouring from the faucet. The little overflow drain was sucking the water down as quickly as it could, and it could barely keep up. I had let my bathwater run for almost 45 minutes!

Of course the air was humid!

I pulled the plug and started laughing hysterically. Tears streamed down my face as I called Daniel, and I could barely get the words out between huge gulps of air. I am not sure if he saw the humor, but to me, it was the funniest thing EVER!

Wiping tears, I changed into pjs (skipping the bath since there was no hot water to be found) and tucked myself into bed. I also skipped the book, since truth is more entertaining than fiction. I giggled myself to sleep.

And that is how I spent my evening alone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

oh my gosh, thank goodness you caught it when you did! I get side tracked like that all the time. It's a wonder I haven't burned the house down!

Sounds like a great evening, especially filled with heartfelt laughter!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Jemmers said...

That is hillarious!!!!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home