< Upheaval: Who are THEY, anyway?

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Who are THEY, anyway?

Guess what! There is something new I don't like!

Okay, so it isn't new. It is just freshly annoying to me. My least favorite thing about technology is when something is installing or downloading or unzipping on the computer and you get the little bar that shows the percent completed? And it gets to 99%? And stops? For a really, really long time.

That is it. My least favorite thing.

You would think that whoever does computers ("THEY") would figure out that it is much less irritating to have each percentage point truly represent a percent of the time the procedure is going to take so that the computer user ("ME") can accurately predict how long he or, well obviously, SHE, is going to sit there waiting for completion. If it rockets through to 88 percent, then zooms to 95, then jumps to 99, of course SHE is hopeful that it will leap up to 100% in no time. But that is not how THEY made the program.

That irritates ME.

I'm just sayin'.

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Hahaha! I think it may be user error. My completion bar has never done that to me. ;) But then I'm married to The most handsome MacDaddy Computer Geek.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Maybe it is like waiting for water to boil, techy style?

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home