< Upheaval: UFC

Sunday, April 17, 2005

UFC

Last night, Daniel and I went to a friend's house to watch the Ultimate Fighting Championship on PPV. It was $35! Are you kidding me??? Okay, I am not a fan of fighting. I am not a fan of paying money to watch people fight. I am not a fan of Pay-Per-View television.

HOWEVER. If someone else is paying, and all I have to do is make pigs-in-a-blanket, I will go to be social.

I thought the girls would probably end up sitting outside and enjoying the weather while the boys yelled and cursed loudly in hopes that the fighters in Las Vegas could hear them. It didn't play out that way. Daniel piddled on the computer. Another guy took a three hour nap. What kind of fighting party was this?

Surprisingly, I really enjoyed the violence. I don't know the real names of the guys who won and lost, but I gave them names in my head, like "Yellow Shorts Guy" and "Bubba Teeth." Each fight, I would pick a favorite, then watch in disbelief as my predictions were wrong.

It is funny to see that you can't tell winners from the outside. Maybe I am a closet UFC girl. Do they even have a Women's UFC? Anyone want to start one with me?

6 Comments:

Blogger JanetsJourney.com said...

I can't believe that one guy played on the computer and the other one slept! Didn't you think that was rude?

9:01 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

ha! i guess, but the hosts didn't seem to mind. daniel was looking for some fighting video on the internet and the guy who slept works nights and hadn't been to bed that day.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Quycksilver said...

Women's UFC?! I'm so there!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

I'm not into fighting at all, but I got sucked into The Contender on NBC and I even watch the fights, predicting (and usually being wrong) who'll win.

Perhaps it is your inner violence, Amanda. I always wondered...

9:10 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

female UFC. possible. if we do find it, we'll be sure to submit your name as a contender.

of course, AFTER you give birth. :)

11:40 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Oh, I could totally see Katie from K-Pinion in a UFC match, she would fight girls or guys, especially if they were beating her in a game of Settlers! (wink)

http://www.postednote.com/unhappy.htm

Template has been updated with the green you selected - Also, changing the face to a sort of smile was the best I could do without making you look freakish, and the picture has been changed from a baby stroller to a balance scales - which I felt were appropriate and boulders were impossible to find.

Hope you like, cause I am totally behind on my template design, I have 7 people waiting.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home