< Upheaval: It sounds hollow in here...

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

It sounds hollow in here...

I am amazed by my sudden lack of thought. I seriously have made so many mistakes over the last few days that I am surprised when I find myself at work fully-clothed. Surely, something drastic is going to happen.

Here are a few examples of my short-sightedness.

1) Sunday night at 9pm, I remembered that I had to sort my grandmother's medicine. I have done this on Sunday afternoons for over a year. A YEAR! And this is the first time I forgot. I had to call her and tell her that this task was so menial to me that it slipped my mind. That'll make ya feel loved!

2) Monday morning, Daniel asked me to do two things: mail our tax return and get something to our banker. I left for school WITH NOTHING IN MY HANDS and then had to explain to him why these two important things did not get done.

3) I got pulled over. Again. On the same road. By a different trooper. Give me a break! I just got chastised by Trooper Cortines a month ago, and now Trooper Yarberry has become familiar with the streak of gold that is my speeding truck. He printed out my warning citation in his patrol car and brought it to me. DO YOU KNOW WHAT I SAID????

Brace yourself.

"Oh, ya'll must have just gotten those printers in your cars cause last time I got a warning it was handwritten, and that wasn't that long ago."

Sheesh.

Not only do I not hold the Smart Card, but I feel that it will be a very. very. very. long time before I ever do again.

9 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Wow...you are very balls to the wall on your comment to the Trooper...but then again, with my mouth, I would have done the same thing!!! :) But I am so there with the lack of braincells in use...it's not funny...Sunday night , I locked my keys in my house..riddle me that! :)

10:25 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

um... nope, that smart card will be in someone else's posession sweetie... bless your heart. But we all still love you!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Welcome to the world of pregnancy. You become forgetful, ditzy and quite ballsy.

I just laughed at what you said to the trooper. And his reaction was...??

Just don't go cement diving while pregnant. If you wait till after you have the baby, you can watch him/her roll down the parking lot in slow-mo.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

i certainly didn't mean anything sassy by it. have i mentioned that this man is my husband's friend/coworker?

but i did NOT skate that ticket because of who i married. i happen to be very sweet and cute when i am pulled over. and i don't spit gummi bears at them.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

jen - are you giving me permission to blog about your event? you brought it up...

10:36 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Yeah. You and Jes have both lost the smart card for an indefinite period of time. Who's going to claim it? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

1:19 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Sure thing, Amanda...blog away.

Did I mention the customer who helped me stuck around extra long and so I kept thanking him for his help and then finally one of the workers said I might have his dry cleaning ticket? And I did.

Please don't ever throw Gummi's. Its not their fault that troopers are you-know-whats.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, that is NOT a good thing to say to a trooper! I once told one that I saw him and slowed down hoping he wouldn't stop me. (And I wasn't even pregnant.)

8:09 PM  
Blogger Quycksilver said...

Loved this, because it is so like me! But I'm not pregnant. I just do stuff like that al the time, leaving the house without the one thing I need to take with me, etc. I've been better about the speeding lately, but there was a time when I first moved to LA when I got pulled over twice in a six month period, and the second time I wanted to use similar logic. . .

Here, you can go to traffic school for a moving violation--it's expensive, but it prevents you from getting points or having to notify your insurance company. I had gone to traffic school after my ticket. And then a few months later, I got pulled over again (lame--I was making a left at 8:56, and it was illegal between 7 and 9AM) Anyway, the policeman, who was cool, was like I know this is picky, but you can just go to traffice school and it won't affect your insurance. I had to actually bite my tongue to NOT tell him that that wasn't true because I had just gone to traffic school, so I couldn't go again.

That was a tough pill to swallow.
:)

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home