< Upheaval: Bittersweet

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Bittersweet

Thirty days. That is all we have left of school!

Thirty more days of trying to find maternity clothes that fit.

Thirty more days of lesson plans.

Thirty more days of this certain mom (who smells like a pack of winstons) coming in to talk to me every morning.

Thirty more days of snoozing the alarm.

Thirty more days of opening milk at breakfast, lunch and snack. (30 x 3 x 19 = 1710 times!)

However much I can't wait for these thirty days to be over, May 26th will be an emotional day. My heart will ache when I tell them goodbye. It does every year. It aches for their sweetness and their innocence. It aches because, in two or three years, it won't be cool to say "I love you" to their teachers. It aches for the gifts they have given me and the lessons they have taught me through this year. It aches because I will be lonely for their hugs and smiles and backrubs.

Mostly it aches because I know that I am truly blessed to hold the hands, wash the faces, and tie the shoes of God's children!

7 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Time does fly when you're having fun. I am happy for you that you are in the wonderful world of teaching, and that you get to enjoy your summer. I live in the wonderful world of Corporate America where the main difference of the time of year is if it is still dark when I go to/from work or not. I'm sure that you will miss your little kiddos. And they will remember you always.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

haha, jcolton! I remember the corporate world *shudder*

I am very proud of you, Manda! Those children will always remember the backrubs they gave you, the farting during naps, the "I love you's" and mistakenly calling you "Mom". Mostly, they will hopefully remember that you gave a crap about not only their education, but their health and well-being.

YOU ROCK

6:53 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Amanda Sue - I somehow bridge the corporate and school world. We have 26 days of classes left and then I start summer hours (part time four days a week). So it's better than a full day but a day no less.

There is always something relieving about the end of the school year but by the end of July I am wanting the kids back.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

hey, I am going to work on your template this weekend, I need ideas, favorite things, flowers, etc. What colors do you want? Do you like insects like Lady bugs or flowers? Do you want something whimsical, or teacher related?

Send me an email to eddo at posted note dot com and I will hook you up - hopefully by Monday, but for sure by the end of Next week!

Have a great weekend!!!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

She used to be a huge elephant fan...but I think that may have worn out its welcome 10 years later...

5:29 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

what? i don't think i was ever HUGE. i have always been bigger than you (at least since birth) but must we rub it in???

8:26 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

nyuk nyuk...

A fan of elephants, not a huge fan or a huge elephant.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home