< Upheaval: Reduction of duties

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Reduction of duties

Daniel had SWAT training today so he came home exhausted and sore. He asked me to walk on his back to pop it and help it to feel better.

He and I both forgot that I am at least ten pounds heavier than I was several months ago. I was balancing precariously on his back, and his spine was popping like popcorn. His face was turning red. Then kind of purple. He gasped "Ohhhhkaaaayyy" and I stepped off. He said "I think I am going to puke."

I guess my role as in-house chiropractor is also on hold indefinitely, as well as tending to the yard.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

Did he say "OHkaaaayyyy" like Lil' Jon? That would've been funny.

Oh, was he too busy trying to breathe at the time?

8:48 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Back to Uncle John's Reader again, huh? Are you that out of things to read? Maybe you should come peruse the new books we bought at the 75% off bookstore in Mesquite.

And I would definitely not get up on anything that doesn't have side rails to help you balance until AFTER little DJ gets here!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

i don't know about lil' jon. i musta missed that one too. he was gasping for breath, so i am not sure he was going for any kind of impersonation.

uncle john's bathroom reader is always informative and i don't have the attention span for real books right now. with UJBR, i can close it at night and pick it up the next day without trying to remember a plot or characters or sequence of events!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You crack me up. By the time your due date is here, you will be limited to watching TV and eating chocolates. I'm so jealous.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

C'mon...Clay didn't have you watch Lil' Jon impersonation on Dave Chappell show? Or did you just pretend to watch when he told you to? :)

8:57 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

At least his back is feeling better. lol.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I noticed that you were reading the June issue of Reader's Digest. Your fellow RD reader is now up and running on a new blog site. I've missed talking to you!

10:19 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

UJBR? am i missing something? i feel so lost.

:: off to google UJBR ::

12:42 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

i have now educated myself, and I believe that if i started reading these, i would TOTALLY win at Trivial Pursuit.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home