< Upheaval: In a jam

Monday, May 09, 2005

In a jam

A couple of weeks ago, when I went to see my sweet neice in Fort Worth, I took a quick detour to another part of the Metroplex. I went to my friend Jessica's apartment in Dallas, and we got to go out to dinner!

This is a big deal for a couple of reasons.

First, I rarely see Jessica. We were friends in college because we happened to pick two losers to date, who happened to be roommates. She was only here for a year before she headed off to greener pastures, and I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen her since then.

Secondly, Jessica gave me some jam. Now, I have a couple of weaknesses, and homemade strawberry jam is one of them. I begged a couple of jars off of her, and she gave them to me out of pity. One for me, one for the baby, I assume.

Well, so much for begging. Last night, one of the jars slipped out of my hand and onto the tile floor of my kitchen. Jam actually does a good job of holding broken glass together, so I scooped the big sugary pile onto a plate. I actually contemplated picking all the glass out of the jam,then saving the jam in a bowl. That is how sad I was. I would shred my mouth, throat, and insides with shards of glass, as long as it tasted like strawberry jam. Sheesh.

You will probably be happy to know that I threw it out. Good thing that was the baby's jar of jam! Mine is still in the pantry.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

That is such a sad...SAD...story.

I still have a couple jars of strawberry jam from you and Heath's granny. HA HA

If baby is in need of one, I'll bring it on the Biggest Birthday Celebration of the Year (a few days earlier than the Big Day but you get the point)

Or is Jess's more super duper delish?

Glad you opted out of a visit to the ER just for a strawberry jam fix.

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The baby will never know. I won't tell ...

1:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That story reminds me of my grandmother. She used to make strawberry jam (Or PREserves as we called it) and I loved it so much I would eat it by the spoonful.

8:29 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

oh, sad for you. i knew i should have given you a third can.

did you even get to taste any?

12:23 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

of course i got to taste it! what do you think i snacked on when i was driving from dallas to nac at midnight???

4:57 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Jes- Do they call jars cans in Texas... I am confusded.

Amanda- It's okay now... but after the baby is born and you steal her Jar of strawberry jam... well that's just not right. Just so you know.

;)

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home