< Upheaval: Home from a hard day at work

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Home from a hard day at work

I worked today! I mean, REALLY WORKED! I haven't had an office job in years, so it is a little different shuffling papers and looking at numbers. I can chase and boss nineteen four-year olds anyday, but this paperwork stuff leaves me exhausted.

My schedule is a grueling 8 to 12 on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, but today I stayed until 3. Not counting my lunch, that is six hours of work!

I think I should lie down. It is time for the United States, or at least Texas, to implement a standard siesta into the workday. That would certainly make me a more productive and happier employee.

Lets start one of those effective internet petitions. Would you sign it and then forward it blindly to everyone you know? When we reach 1000 signatures, lets send it to ... hmm ... (it's gotta be someone who gives a crap) ... The Donald? Martha Stewart? The Rule Guy (Person) for the American Workplace?

12 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

Bella and I signed a petition for two naps during the workday here and it has done wonders for our productivity.

So what'd you get to do today? Did it work well with the fam around? Did you play basketball with the boys? (I had to giggle at the visual)

3:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think the petition is a wonderful idea. I'd love a 2-hr lunch to nap through.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

The only bad part about the siesta is that you would get home later. How about we try for a four-day work week?! ;)

8:45 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

we would Americanize our siesta and still go home at the same time! that is the beauty of these internet petitions - not only are they highly effective, but we can make them say whatever we want!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

"The Rule Guy (person) for the American Workplace."

LOL. Very Funny.

Who IS in charge here anyway?? ;)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I'm all for a siesta. And a four hour workday. I have to wake at the horrific hour of 5am and then work 9 hr days. I would GLADLY take a siesta under my desk if it was allowed. snooze...

3:30 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

i'm SO NOT for a siesta. because then we would have to work LATER. and THAT, people, is unacceptable.

amanda, where are you working and why?

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda -- Just wanted to give you a heads up. I've got a new site. It's not done yet, but I needed to leave the other one. I'll explain *that* on the new site. Click on my name for new address. If you stop by for a visit, will you let me know if you can *see* it? I had some technical difficulties the other day.

Thanks!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

thanks tracey. i updated my link! the new site looks good.

the rest of you - go check it out!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

jes-

i guess you are not still a thrice-daily reader since you do not know the answer to the question you posed.

7:05 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

hmmm...i'm going to have to go back and read now. i thought i read all the entries!

sad for me.

9:04 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

um, okay. i thought maybe it was in your dad's office. i just went and re-read the entry from a few days ago that i never finished. i'm much too distractable.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home