< Upheaval: Product review

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Product review

My sister-in-law is in school to be a dental hygienist. She gets lots of cool hookups, apparently, and when they were down visiting a few weeks ago, she brought me samples of Crest Whitening Expressions toothpastes in all kinds of funky flavors. Now, to save you the expense, I have graciously test-driven them for you and am prepared to report on each flavor!

I know, I know - I am so kind!

First, we have CWE Cinnamon Rush. The website says that it has a "bold blast of cinnamon that will leave your tastebuds tingling." My thoughts are that, if I wanted my mouth to taste like Big Red gum, I would forego the brushing routine and chew gum. This is funny because it is a ploy that my husband uses sometimes. I can usually punk him out when he has opted to chew gum "in lieu of brushing."

The second kind that I tried was Refreshing Vanilla Mint. I actually liked this one, because I couldn't taste the vanilla. It was really just Refreshing Mint. But who needs vanilla breath anyway?

Mmmmkay, Extreme Herbal Mint is just yuck! You know when you pop some winterfresh in your mouth, you start producing excess saliva? Then you end up with a mouthful of sugary-minty spit? That is what this toothpaste does. It kind of gives me heartburn in my mouth.

I saved the worst for last. Fresh Citrus Breeze. I think it tastes like kids medicine - something really awful, masked by "orange" flavoring. I had to rebrush with Vanilla Mint after that!

I hope that dental hygiene is as important to you as it is to me. I love to go to the dentist, and I love brushing my teeth. But for now, I think I will stick with my Colgate Barney toothpaste with the bubbly fruity flavor.

Or not.

7 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Thanks for being our own, private, Human Guinea Pig. Do you ever read the articles by the lady that calls herself that? They're pretty funny.

In it's the Slate section of MSN.

mzzxx (music!)

1:11 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

oh, i can't stand kid's flavors of things: fluoride, toothpaste, medicine, etc. ick!

thanks for the update. PERHAPS i'll try the vanilla mint. for now though, i'm sticking with my Colgate Total, too.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've been wanting to try those, but I don't have to now, thanks to your report, so Thanks Amanda!

And how's Dillon today?

8:00 PM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

Haven't tried the other flavors, but vanilla mint is okay. What I really don't like is the flip-top cap--it gets all gunked up with dried-out toothpaste after about a day and a half of use.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

What is wrong with mint??? Why would you try to improve it? I think the new flavors will never last.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I dont know. I associate fresh breath with "minty fresh breath" not fruity fresh breath.
Ive tried herbal mint before and it was gross. I have sensitive teeth, so that restricts any broadening of toothpaste horizons. Jays daddy is a dentist, so if there was something super cool out Im sure he would tell me. and then Ill pass it on :)

hkeumpm
heck u mumpum

9:18 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Who needs to buy a toothpaste with all that jazziness about it? Just brush your teeth in tiny circles for two minutes, then rinse!

Sheesh.

Now mouthwash...that's a whole other story. And mint floss.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home