< Upheaval: Ring...ring...ring...

Monday, November 28, 2005

Ring...ring...ring...

Okay. I hate the telephone. I don't answer the home phone much - that is Daniel's job. My cell phone lies abandoned in the depths of my purse, vibrating away with ancient voice mails. Then it runs out of charge, and is comatose until Daniel makes me get it out and plug it in.

On the way out of town last week, we grabbed the mail from the mailbox and took it with us. Included in the stack was our cell phone bill. Because our trip was long, we had ample time to review the bill. He had been giving me grief about text messaging my brother one-liners from Anchorman, and he was determined to show me that it costs over a dollar a text message. Well, he was wrong. It costs 10 cents, and I sent ONE text message last month and recieved THREE. That is forty cents, ya'll. FORTY.

Anyway, I won that debate.

Then he got to the page that itemizes our minutes. I talked on my phone a whopping 130 minutes last month. That is just over four minutes a day.

Daniel talked 1113 minutes in one month! Almost ten times as much as I did! Who is he talking to? Is it you???

6 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

as much as i dislike talking on the phone, i admit that i do it regularly. sometimes it is against my will, when, you know, SOMEONE calls me and FORCES me to stay on the phone "talking."

i'm leaving this comment for her benefit. ;)

1:56 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

we all know it's my husband.
But, they will swear it's all work related... gag.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I have friends who live far away, requiring me to talk on the phone. But Im usually only patient enough to be on the phone if Im in the car.

But I do like texting.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Thanks for clearing up the text message cost. Whew. Now I can reply to yours, AS.

I hate talking on the phone but talking on the cell phone for some reason is more tolerable. Maybe because it is cute and little.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Way off the subject, but that Magic Eraser IS SO COOL! It totally cleaned the shower door.

WOW

8:19 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

He's not talking to me... that's sydney's job at home... maybe he is talking to Sydney?

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home