< Upheaval: No more figgy pudding.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

No more figgy pudding.

Request received for a blog update. Here ya go.

We watched March of the Penguins last night. I was so excited about it for a several reasons:

a) It was only 80 minutes long! That is the perfect length for a movie!

b) It got lots of good reviews!

c) It wasn't a cop movie! (Well, they did have some black and whites, but they weren't patrol cars.)

What I didn't expect was my reaction. I cried. At a documentary. About penguins. Cried twice.

Anyway, maybe I was just emotional. Maybe it has to do with being a new mother and having a growing family. Perhaps it was just that Morgan Freeman has a really sweet-grandpa voice and he tells a good story.

But I came away knowing something new! Dillon is a penguin chick in disguise! But not a very good disguise. He holds his arms straight out to his sides, like a penguin chick. He has shiny, round, sweet eyes, just like a penguin chick. He is shaped like a barrel, like a penguin chick. And he squeaks like a penguin chick. He just needs a little tuxedo!

I think I will go see if I can balance him on my feet and toddle about.

11 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for the update! I'm sure that we can find little Dillon a little tuxedo onesie! I don't have one from little Micheal, but I'm sure someone else has one you can borrow!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I have yet to see that movie. I would like to, but my hubby has no desire. But I might just have to try asking again since my son really wants to see the penguin movie!

Btw, happy new year Amanda Sue!!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

We talked about watching that movie tonight, but then ended up on VH1, watching one of those year-in-review movies about 1986. What a way to ring in the new year, huh?

Happy New Year!

11:58 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Happy New Year, all!

also, how many minutes do i wait for the teenage boy next door to stop blowing the loud horn right in front of dillon's window. do i start the new year out grumpy? it is only 12:09.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Tree said...

Wow, everyone seems to be watching this. I feel so out of the loop...must watch penguin film!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I like how all your links to other websites are our first names, using other words for each letter (can't remember what that's called)!
Also, Sev Mous is a hilarious site! You almost can't read it without saying it outloud so that you get what he's saying. FUNNY!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

I was confused at first with the revisions on the links. But not for long! No ma'am. Didn't take someone else's pointing it out for ME to get it.

Guess I'll see the $#%@ penguin movie since everyone raves about it. Particularly moms...

10:51 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

save mouse is funny! at first, it gave me a headache, but now i read it all the time! cause i have so much time, right?

thanks sharkey! (she got me hooked!)

5:44 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

By the way... I always break even...

"You know who I am...? I'm even Steven."

What show is that line from?

lol.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I hate crying at animal documentaries, but I do EVERY time. I can't stand to see them die. I watched one about police dogs and it showed one get shot and limping and I BOO-HOOED. My hubby was outside working in the yard and I had to go out there sobbing and be comforted. I know, I'm a softie.

8:35 AM  
Blogger koyama said...

The sad thing is when coke has those commercials with the polar bears and penguins together - they don't even live in the same part of the world as far as I know. Well heck, they don't drink coca-cola either!! Glad you had a nice new year with your little penguin!!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home