< Upheaval: Falling apart

Monday, December 12, 2005

Falling apart

Just so that you don't suffer from illusions that parenting is a cakewalk, lemme tell you about our weekend.

My poor baby has a rash, which might, or might not, be eczema. He rubs his little face till it is red. He has been spitting up like there is no tomorrow. He has been eating breastmilk that I froze because I am taking sinus medicine, and that makes his poop runny. His tiny ring finger on his tiny (but fat) left hand is infected.

Needless to say, we are going to the doctor today. We're just waiting for a callback. I guess it is silly to assume we could get in for an appointment on a Monday morning. Meanwhile, this little man just warms my heart with his gummy smiles and shy-flirty blinks.

So, yeah... it IS a cakewalk.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

7 Comments:

Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

I know what ya mean - just when you think it's all going great, it gets crazy. Jadyn has her first cold and it totally threw me for a loop. She, however, seems perfectly content to snort and sniffle, while I check on her as she sleeps to make sure she's still breathing. Sheesh!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Well, he is still beautiful! I can't wait to kiss his red little spitty-up face!

Best advice I ever heard regarding parenting is that you should ALWAYS expect the unexpected with your children.

Yeah, I know, that leaves it wide open to anything under the sun happening...and it does!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Look on the bright side!

He's sitting up very well and holding his head up all by himself! No matter what is happening on the outside, at least you know the inside is growing at a fast rate of speed! :)

3:01 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Very good point, Michelle! Can you believe he'll be three months on Wednesday? WOW!!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

About time you posted a new pic of the gorgeous boy! So sorry to hear he's sick, and you are, too, Mom! Get better!!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Awww, poor little guy. I hope he gets to feeling better!

Btw, one of the babies I watch also had a rash, but it was all over his body. It cleared up in about a month, so I would be worried about your little one. This to shall pass!

11:12 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

What a cutie!

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home