< Upheaval: Answers

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Answers

Aw, shucks. Thanks for missing me!

We went to Houston for a funeral. For those of you not familiar with Texas, it is big. Fort Worth (where we were Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of last week) is four hours northwest of where I live. Houston (where we were Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week) is two hours southwest of where I live. That makes for a lot of driving, a lot of crying-baby-in-the-car, and a LOT of fast food. PLEASE don't mention Sonic to me for awhile.

*********

I don't have much to blog about, but I want to give you a little update:

We are VERY CAUTIOUSLY clapping our hands because Dillon's eczema seems to have cleared up. I tried not to dwell on it here, besides asking for your prayers, but it was seriously tearing me apart. It is so hard to see your little one hurting, and to not be able to do anything.

We have charts of things that we tried and hundreds of dollars invested in prescriptions, steroids, creams and lotions. I called our doctor last weekend because Dillon looked so bad. His eyes were swollen and his scalp was cracked and bleeding.

The man who called back was the doctor-on-call, not our doctor. He called in a prescription for some cream that we had not tried. It worked on his son's eczema, he said.

Well, it worked on Dillon's, too. His skin feels so smooth and soft! Not crusty or bumpy anymore. He feels like a baby again. Daniel and I can't keep our hands off of him!

It may not seem like a huge tragedy, but it was definitely a time of growing in our family. I know that God wanted us to rely on Him, and that is all we could do. We were helpless to fix the problem on our own! He is so faithful, and I am so thankful.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

I can't TELL you how happy I am! It made me very sad to see how heartbroken you were over your sweet angel's suffering.

Though I have to admit, the gigantic margarita really helped ya out! :)

9:30 PM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

So glad your little guy's skin is doing better. Welcome home!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Glad you made it back safe and sound!

Btw, thank the Lord that your son's skin is cleared up! What an answer to prayer!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

He does feel absolutely baby soft! And his smile is enough to light up the darkest room!
So glad that you found something that worked for you/him!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Im so glad to hear that Dillon is better. I know it was tearing you up so see him hurt like that.

7:50 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

oh, joy! i am so glad that doctor was on call! i am sure that i won't know the fullness of the ache in your heart until i have a little one of my own, but when i put myself in your place my heart was down-trodden. I'm so thankful that the new cream is working! Yippeeee!!!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Glad he's doing better, and thanks for the update!

And yes, Texas is HUGE!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sl glad that Dillon's skin is better. I know that worried you! He is so, so, so cute, by the way!

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home