< Upheaval: Waking up is hard to do

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Waking up is hard to do

I am a napper. I have always loved to nap. Morning naps, evening naps, long naps, pregnant naps... I love 'em all. What I don't love is waking up.

When Dillon wakes up from a nap in his swing, he looks around for a second. He blinks and opens his eyes wide. His chin puckers and his mouth stretches out into an exaggerated "sad face." If he had tears, they would well up, but he doesn't, so they don't. He opens his mouth and lets out a little lamb bleat.

I have decided that he hates waking up. You know that yucky wake-up feeling, when your head feels like a bowling ball and the light is too bright and the room is too warm (or too cold) and your mouth tastes gross? Well, that is my least favorite part, and I think it is his, too. He probably hates it for the same reasons that I do, but he has to do it four or five times a day, since he naps so much.

Hmmmm... Sounds like a fair trade to me.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

Sounds fair to me! I love sleep. I never knew just how much until I had a baby. Sleep is My Precious...*wild-eyed*

8:40 PM  
Blogger koyama said...

Some of the blogs I read I think - this person NEEDS to get published and yours is one of them!!! So funny, I hate the bowling ball head syndrome. For me it is more like someone stuffed a few bags of cotton balls in my head!!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

How many times are you napping a day Amanda Sue?

12:11 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Let me say that Amanda could be a professional napper, she's THAT good at it.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

um... how long does a "nap" have to be to qualify as a "nap?"

it depends on what the definition of "is" is. right, bill?

7:43 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

i totally know what you are talking about re: Joaquin Pheonix! but for me, it is usually Owen Wilson. too bad, so sad.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I too love sleep. A little too much. And that is not conducive to my 5am alarm clock.

10:03 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

oh, naps. i now find it very hard to believe that i once hated them. can you imagine it? and now i covet them! i was so, so very silly when i was 4.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I used to CHOOSE to weed our massive garden instead of take a nap.... now I only dream of the luxury of having one... amazing how our perspective changes....

AHHH to be young again....

9:18 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I love sleep too...

I am right with ya Dillon.

Tell mom that she is just JEALOUS!

;)

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home