< Upheaval: Thanks for the help

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Thanks for the help

I was out of town for a few days. We went to Fort Worth to visit my sister, brother-in-law, and my sweet niece. We had a good (though short) visit, but it is so nice to come back to the comforts of home!

While we were there, Isabella and I were hanging out in the guest bedroom. She was looking at the clothes in my suitcase and holding them up to her head like she was going to put them on.

"Sut?" she asked as she held up various items, trying to find a shirt.

By the time we were done with that game, the majority of my clothes were strewn on the bed, and she hadn't even found anything she wanted to wear.

Later, Daniel came in. I had my hands full, so I asked him to put my stuff back in my suitcase and move it out of the way. He began to cram various items into my bag. Cram. Cram. Cram.

Now, I never turn my nose up at wrinkled clothes, but COME ON! I should have just let Bella do it.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

9 Comments:

Blogger Trinity13 said...

Heehee...very cute picture!

Btw, my hubby is not allowed to pack anything for our trips!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

That is why Bella is a firm believer in going naked at all times. Makes packing for trips so much easier!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

It's the same as when you ask both boys at my house (the little one and the big one) to clean up the toys on the floor before we go to bed. The little one actually puts things back where they belong while the big one just shoves them in a spot, hoping they'll stay and not fall out!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

pj - you are so right! it is some sort of avoidance technique they learned at husband class.

if i did a bad job at laundry, or at vacuuming, or at cooking, i would be the only one to suffer. daniel has a permanent filter on his vision for dust and wrinkles, and no food is bad food to him.

9:48 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

oh, poor Daniel. such a man's mentality.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Men don't have the packing gene. They just don't.

Love the picture!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Oh Amanda....

I love the pic... Ben Doesn't pack...only me... it would take 3 more bags becuase he just tosses everything in.....

I can sooooo relate...

7:20 PM  
Blogger koyama said...

I agree with Princess 21 - it is aversion therapy. They are training us to NEVER ask for their help. But ohhhhh put their screw driver bits in the wrong place or throw things in the tool box too quickly and things could get nasty!!!

12:46 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

Dillon must be keeping you very busy! I miss you!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home