< Upheaval: Who needs a nap?

Monday, March 27, 2006

Who needs a nap?

My hair is going to look GREAT today. Really!

Dillon isn't napping very well. He will only sleep on someone, and that is frustrating and debilitating when his naptime is the only time we get stuff done. So we are fixing it this week. He is down for his first nap of the day, and he isn't happy.

So I have been standing in the bathroom across the hall from his room. Not because I need to hear him - I can actually hear him throughout the house. But because I have a maternal need to be close to him, and that conflicts with my maternal need to teach him to sleep.

I don't expect him to sleep this morning - he will probably just let me know how much he DOESN'T want to sleep. I need to keep busy while we do this. So I have out my flat iron, my hot rollers, and tons of miscellaneous "product" (as my stylist calls it) and I am going to have great hair.

Something on me better look great, cause my wrinkles are growing exponentially.

7 Comments:

Blogger Trinity13 said...

I watch a little boy who takes great naps for me, but won't for his mommy (she just doesn't understand why...but neither to I). You could try to wrap him up tightly and put him in a lighted room. The light will make him tired of holding his little eyes open and he will eventually fall asleep.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

I have no advice since I let Bella sleep on me at naps for a couple of months and honestly don't remember what happened to make her lay on her own again.

SO...I will say that I hope you not only have fantastic hair today, but perfectly applied lipstick and nail polish. Could be a long experiment. *hugs*

9:48 AM  
Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

We're working on this, too. Jadyn will sleep great for a long time in her swing, and will regularly fall asleep on her own. But if I put her in her crib for a daytime nap, she's up in 45 minutes (like clockwork) SCREAMING. It's odd because she goes to sleep just fine in her crib at night, and she wakes up in the morning happy (as my mom would say) as a pig in poop. I can't figure it out, but I do know that eventually she will grow out of that swing, so by then, by golly, she'd better get used to napping in her room.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

You mean you don't "nap when the baby naps"?

*laughs a little too maniacally for good taste*

I, too, am one of those mothers who tries to get things done during naptime. Of course, on a day like today, "things" mostly refers to surfing the internet.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

I don't have any helpful advice for you. I just wanna see pics of your beautiful hair.

8:48 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

oh, i am sad for you. it's a good thing i'm not a parent, or else i would totally mix benadryl into my child's bottle.

12:21 PM  
Blogger koyama said...

That is a great idea - focus on something, like doing your hair while sleep training the little one. I am going to write that down for future reference.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home