< Upheaval: Puzzled

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Puzzled

You know when you get an email that asks a trivia question, sometimes it will say "Forward this to nine people and the answer will pop up on your screen!"?

You know that really doesn't happen?

You know that can't happen unless there is a virus or something?

If you do know that, then why do you keep sending them to me?

And, also, what is the third word that ends in -GRY??? I got an email that said hunGRY and anGRY were two of only three words in the English language that end in -GRY. What is the third one? The answer didn't pop up on my screen so I am counting on you to help!

10 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

Think of words ending in -gry. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.


Is above the riddle? I still don't know the answer...

10:06 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

yeah, that is it. i don't know the answer.

arg.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

How freaking annoying is that! I would have to e-mail the offending sender a very mean letter asking them to never EVER send me another message until they told me the answer to such a stupid riddle.

3:16 PM  
Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

I did a search and found this. http://www.greece.k12.ny.us/Taylor/topics/grypuzzle.htm

I hope it helps...

3:17 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

How freaking annoying is that! I would have to e-mail the offending sender a very mean letter asking them to never EVER send me another message until they told me the answer to such a stupid riddle.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

even more annoying is that blogger didn't accept my password the first time and posted my comment twice. Stupid computer

3:18 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

dadgummit!

thanks yankee amanda! i guess i can rest now. :)

3:48 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

Amanda, this is what I came up with. But it was too boring for me to read, so I'll let you. :)

http://www.word-detective.com/gry.html

6:01 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

wow jes. that IS boring. thanks.

7:06 PM  
Blogger koyama said...

GRRRRRRY. Is it a word all by itself?

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home