< Upheaval

Monday, April 03, 2006

Daniel's dog Bo is getting a new home. We aren't sure where, we just know it isn't going to be here much longer.

He is very rowdy and playful, and we don't have the time to devote to him. He needs someone to run and play with, and who loves him even when he eats the trim off of their house. We don't fit into that category.

This morning, I woke up early, showered, fixed my hair, and got dressed up. Slacks and a nice blouse. I dressed Dillon in some cute dinosaur clothes. I straightened up the house. Why, you ask? Because someone was coming to see if they wanted Bo. It was like a job interview. I wanted to make a good impression. I guess I was trying to show that Bo is such an easy, great dog, that I can do all manner of domestic duties with nary a thought to his behavior.

When Chris went into the backyard to see him, Bo acted like no one EVER went back there to play with him. (Imagine that!) He raced through the yard, slinging slobber and tearing up what grass is left. He grabbed a four foot branch as thick as my arm and ran around with that in his mouth. He threw it down, and flopped onto his back, and began intimately cleaning his nether region.

GREAT FIRST IMPRESSION.

Chris said, "Lemme go home and think about it, and I'll call you."

Crushed, I showed him to the door. Don't call me, I'll call you. Rejected after I burped on our first date. Turned down after I showed my pantyhose run in the job interview.

I feel like Meredith. "Pick Bo. Choose Bo. Love Bo."

So call me, Chris! Come back and visit. Next time I'll sedate him. The dog, not Chris! Silly readers...

8 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

I too hope that Chris will come back to claim the Crotch Bulldozer as his own.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I have buddy... I don't need a Bo. I am starting to question if I really AM a dog person.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

I volunteer with an animal rescue in PA that works really hard to find good homes for the pets it takes in, so this issue is close to my heart. Please forgive the unsolicited advice, but I have to say it.

If you want Bo to have a good home, make sure YOU interview THEM too! Ask lots of questions about where he'll be during the day, how much time he'll spend by himself, if the person has had pets before, etc.

You guys are working to find him a home, but if for some reason it doesn't work out, his new owner might not put the same amount of effort into it.

If you can't find someone on your own, please look into rescue. I Googled for labrador retriever rescue in Texas and got tons of hits.

Good luck!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

thanks sharkey!

we really want the best for him. he IS a sweet boy, just too much for us to handle. he needs some friends to play with and maybe some ducks to hunt!

we would never just dump him on someone we weren't sure about. rest easy, my friend! i'll let you know what happens with him!

9:15 PM  
Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

Believe me, I totally understand. With 3 cats and a dog, all lacking attention, I have been clamoring to have the pets shipped off to new (and desirable)homes. I can't deal with the hair, the stink and the cost of keeping up with all of them.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I keep reading this wondering if it is a Chris that works at the department or someone I do not know. It's driving me nuts because I am just curious about stupid things like that.

8:29 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

maybe sedate them both. and then put them in the backyard together, where they can get all snuggly-wuggly.

4:13 PM  
Blogger koyama said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home