< Upheaval: Checking in

Friday, May 19, 2006

Checking in

When I was little, I was a very serious child. Serious and dramatic, so I have been told. I walked around with a serious look on my face, seriously engrossed. I guess I looked unhappy. My mom would try to get me to relax. She would try to get me to smile, but most things didn't work.

Finally, she came up with a game. Looking all around with exaggerated concern, she would say "WHERE is Amanda? WHERE is my Sunshine Girl?" and I would get excited, because I was right in front of her and she couldn't see me! I would smile big and say, "Here I am, Mama! Here is your Sunshine Girl!" all giddy with the idea that I had solved the mystery.

And for a little while, I would relax and smile. I would be her Sunshine Girl!

So, I have been walking around here very seriously of late, consumed with the stresses of daily life. I guess I look unhappy. I know I look busy and engrossed.

But you know what? Here I am!

5 Comments:

Blogger Trinity13 said...

There you are!!!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

Interesting . . . from reading your posts here, I wouldn't expect you to be serious.

Hope you find some sunshine soon!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

sharkey - you are right! i don't think i am very serious on this blog. it is so hard to tell much about a person online, don't you think?

4:13 PM  
Blogger koyama said...

Hmmmm serious as a child - I think you save up all the fun for when you became a grown-up!

11:51 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

There's our Sunshine Girl :)

I do the same with Isabella (she's alot like her aunt, you know) and it works every time. Of course, not Sunshine Girl, cuz that's your name. She's our Angel Girl.

Yes, you were very intense as a child, but I've definitely seen you blossom over the years into a more playful, relaxed and VERY funny sweetheart.

You don't spend half your day dissecting jokes anymore. You actually GET them! :)

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home