< Upheaval: Bedtime conversations

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Bedtime conversations

Monday night:

A: Hey! You know what I forgot to do?

D: What?

A: Get my ribbon out and dance around the maypole!

D: The huh? What are you talking about?

A: Today was May Day.

D: Um, what the heck is a "may day?"

A: It is a holiday - you know, with the ribbons and the poles. May Day.

D: No, 'mayday' is a distress signal, like when your plane is going down or your ship is sinking.

Tuesday night:

A: What did you get me?

D: Nothing. Why?

A: Today is my half-birthday! I am twenty-seven-and-a-half years old!

D: Whatever!

*seeing my serious look*

D: Oh, well then, Happy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

Ha! I can totally see you and Daniel having that first conversation.

And does he STILL not know the importance of a 1/2 birthday in our family? Sheesh...

8:46 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

i love the "serious look." i am hearing this conversation in my head. especially when you say, "I am twenty-seven-and-a-half years olf!"

9:15 AM  
Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

Boys just don't get it, do they.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

You guys are a riot.

"mayday" is a distress call. That kills me.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

ha! i did some research and May Day is NOT the innocent little holiday we all thought it was! the may pole? yeah - it symbolizes, well, um...

you can do some research too!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Yeah, I wasn't gonna burst your bubble about May Day and I won't burst Bella's love for Ring-Around-The-Rosey.

We'll let everyone investigate for themselves :)

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home