< Upheaval: We're goin' on a job hunt...

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

We're goin' on a job hunt...

I am kind of job hunting. It is exhausting. There is a precarious balance between groveling for any paid position and keeping a cool air of disinterest so that THEY think THEY want you more than you want THEM. Does that make sense?

That is what I have been doing. Exhausting.

I am going back to teaching in the fall. I will be certified to teach a special education class, and with my pre-k experience, I would love to teach little ones again. One of my job opportunities is a Pre-K special ed class with FOUR students. FOUR. Talk about a dream job. But I have to drive about 15 minutes to get there.

I know! 15 MINUTES! GASP!!! But I live in a small town where everything is about five minutes away, so I am struggling with having to spend 30 minutes in commute each day.

So, send up some prayers for me. I need a peace about my decision! I am excited, but also nervous.

6 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

My drive is about 23 miles each way... I like the drive... I have an Ipod and I just jam. And then I get home and I am unwound and ready to see the kids.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

I think the drive would actually be a welcome opportunity for "me time".

Just really view it more monetarily. Is it a salary you want or can handle so long as it is a job you'll enjoy?

4:01 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

great job, not the greatest salary though. we are going to see what we can do about that tomorrow when i visit with my prospective boss. :)

4:09 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

That sounds like fun!! And as always...you will and forever be in my prayers...and the drive, you will learn new things to do while on it. For example, on my drive, I practice my American Idol audition and dance moves! :)

Best of luck with the salary battle!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

You know what my vote is... anything that gets you closer to me again is a vote on the pro side for me! :)
I used to do a part of that drive, and it's not that bad... especially since you used to drive about that much to your other job! :)
But, you're still in my prayers... as always.

8:33 PM  
Blogger koyama said...

I'll pray for sure - it sounds like a great opportunity for you! Especially to use your education. Keep us posted.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home