< Upheaval: Post #2

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Post #2

Happy birthday to ME! And this is my gift from Daniel. Woohoo!

Thirty is looming a little closer now. I think that by the age of thirty, I will really have my stuff together. I think I won't feel like a high-schooler. I won't still be buying Clearasil for myself. I won't lose things in my purse, and I will probably know how to do call-waiting on my cell phone without dropping both calls. I will finally have good posture. I will not ever tear my fingernails off when I am anxious. I will cook a good square meal for dinner every day. I won't have to apologize so much, cause I won't be walking around with my foot in my mouth. I will have more than one kind of perfume, so I will have a choice in the morning. My closet will be cleaned out, and my clothes will be ironed.

For now, I am going to clip the raggedy edges of my nails before work, and put on a sweater that I found under my winter boots, cause I still have two whole years before all of that happens!

Have a good MY BIRTHDAY!

9 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!
What a WONDERFUL b-day gift from Dillon, he's so thoughtful!
(That's on my wish list for Christmas, btw!)

And, you sure do have a lot of great expectations for the next two years!
I'm not going to be the one to burst your bubble...

7:09 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Happy Birthday, Amanda Suzanna Banana!

But I'm afraid you have high expectations for your 30's. I've yet to stop needing Clearsil, remember things in my purse (or even remember my purse), manage call-waiting or eat a square meal.

But a girl can dream! Have a great day!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

10:14 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

Happy Birthday, Amanda!

(Am I the only one who sat up A LOT straighter at that comment about better posture?)

3:32 PM  
Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

Happy happy birthday!!! Hope it's a great one!

30 was a great year. Now, 35 was a bit harder!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

I'm getting here late, but I did remember your birthday today! Hope it was a good one!

And your expectations for age 30? Um, yeah. I'm 37, and I still feel like a high schooler.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

seriously? i am not going to outgrow this feeling? are there 80 year old people hobbling around who feel like high-schoolers?

sheesh. someone coulda told me that a long time ago.

thanks for the birthday wishes all!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Does it count to tell you happy birthday on your blog a day late even though I called you on the right day?
Hope so!

Happy Birthday all month long!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Sorry I'm a few days late, but Happy Birthday!
Yeah, hate to add to the breakin' it to you, but even life approaching the dreaded 40 is sometimes, well, seasoned with dread!
Confronting fear, forgetfulness and all the maladies you find at your age will still be here when your my age. But there is strength to overcome and grow, and YM and I have been coming across it more and more lately.
So don't lose hope! I know I say this often but you do have a gift for words. Keep it up!

P

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home