< Upheaval: Post #21

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Post #21

We got our Christmas picture proofs back. Our clothes are perfectly coordinated. The weather was great. The place we chose was gorgeous. Dillon was in a wonderful mood. Daniel got a haircut and was willing to smile. Our photographer is terrific.

You would have thought that our pictures would turn out great.

But then you add in a haggard mother who worked all day and whose hair was having a split personality. Squeeze one eye closed more than the other, throw on a forced smile. Add an extra chin, and what do you have? ME. Ruining the pictures.

How appropriate would it be to crop myself out, and just send a picture of my boys out for Christmas? Daniel says it would look like I was "absent." I think it would just look like I was taking the picture. Is anyone that naive?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet it's not as bad as you think! I see a lot of awful pictures of myself and I always try to remind myself that some people love me, dorky looking or not. I bet nobody will think the picture looks bad except you. Your family will treasure the picture of you and your family. Send it out as is! Do it! Do it! ;)

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to visit as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can and I thought I'd say hi, I liked your blog.. :) Yeah send it as it is. Keep it real.. ;)

5:59 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

I saw them and they look great! Though you have the fastest growing hair EVAH.

Dillon is absolutely adorable in every one. He's perfected the camera smile! Knows exactly when to turn on the charm :)

But you'll note, every year we have sent just an oh-so-cute pic of Bella, not us. This year it will be oh-so-cute of Bella and Ava :)

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home