< Upheaval: Can we please say something else besides "How much longer till the ball drops?"

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Can we please say something else besides "How much longer till the ball drops?"

So, it is about an hour before the New Year is officially here for me. Because of the time zones, you know, some people are already in 2007, but not me. Not yet. But in about 54 minutes I will be, and then I will celebrate.

Anyway, Daniel and I partied big this year. We ordered pizza and drank Coke. Then after we put Dillon to bed, we broke out a ring of shrimp with cocktail sauce and a bottle of wine. Then we actually watched a movie (my gift to him) on HBO, and now it is time to turn in.

The combination of the wine, the movie, and the time of year made me cry. I was laughing and sobbing ridiculously by the end of the movie (Indecent Proposal - I had never seen it) just about how grateful I am for my little family. Isn't that corny? And sweet, kind of?

So, I don't want to end this all sappy. Do you have resolutions? I think I should, but I am not sure what they should be. How about:

"Do something decent with my hair everyday so I don't feel crappy. I always feel crappy when my hair isn't done, so I should always make some sort of effort to at least make sure it is clean."

Does that work? Does it need to be more specific? What about:

"Make sure to clip hangnails within 20 minutes of their discovery so that I don't pick at them and make my fingers hurt and my hands look bad."

I dunno. That's all I got. And I had the wine, so maybe my thoughts will be clearer tomorrow. What are your resolutions?

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharkey said...

I'm one of those people for whom it's already the new year. Our evening sounds very similar to yours--seafood and wine. But instead of a movie, we got to watch the Packer game--woohoo! (Can you hear the sarcasm in my voice?)

No resolutions here, except maybe to spend less time on the couch with this computer on my lap. I fully expect to abandon this resolution by January 3, if not sooner.

You mentioned the other day that you'd like to give your blog a facelift. Shoot me an email if you have some ideas--I'd be willing to help (see? I'm already working to break the resolution). I don't pretend to be an expert, but I can usually take an existing template and tweak it to give you a look that's your own.

Six minutes 'til the ball drops. Happy New Year!

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My resolution is to MOVE. Don't roll your eyes, young lady!!

We're going to have a blast this year with all the changes our kids will be going through. Lots of trips back and forth for visits and development updates! :)

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeYUTE pic of my nephew!

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I make the same ones every year - largely because I fail at them every year. The whole "lose weight, steady devotional life, keep the house clean" stuff that by the end of the year I've long since bagged.

Here's hoping when 2008 hits, I'll be making new ones.

Happiness to you all this year!

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home