< Upheaval: The annoying thing about the Super Bowl

Sunday, February 04, 2007

The annoying thing about the Super Bowl

One of the most annoying things about the Super Bowl is the commentator's constant need to make everything a RECORD.

The game is annual. The matchups are different almost every year. Groups of people all over the country are gorging themselves on sausage balls and cheese dip as they crowd into a living room and shout at the television. It will be a historical game. Perhaps not memorable, but definitely something you can google several years down the line and get some info on.

But they still try to make it more special.

"You know, this is the first Super Bowl where both teams had someone named 'Dan!'"

"This is the wettest Super Bowl since the game in '78. It rained 1/8 of an inch more then. But this one is a close second!"

"If Team A wins tonight, it will be only the third time EVER that a team from the west beat a team from the east."

"This has to be the longest quarter in NFL history! I know cause I have had to hold my pee, and I lost control about thirty seconds ago! I can usually make it a whole quarter."

That, and the commercials are pretty lame. Since when does a movie promo qualify as a Super Bowl commercial? Aren't they screened for content, or do they just take the money and let them do whatever they want? Sheesh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

thus the reason I do not watch SuperBowl unless the Cowboys are in it, which means...NEVER.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

See, if I actually watched football I might know what you're talking about...but I don't!
Your observations are still funny and entertaining though! ;)

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home