< Upheaval: Late night conversation

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Late night conversation

"Woah!"

"WOAH!!!"

"Papa? Dadeeee! Ayoo okay?"

"Woah! Woah!!!"

This cheerful chatter penetrates my brain at about two o'clock this morning. What is he doing awake???? ARG!

I lay still for a minute, waiting for the monitor to light up the room as he wails. But he doesn't.

"Lala. ELMO! Hahaha!"

"WOAH!!! Ayoo okay?"

"Wizzy moo? MMMMMOOO!"

"Papa! Papa! Papa! Ayoo okay?"

I get up to check the video monitor in the computer room. When I turn it on, I am treated to a sickening display of the inside of his crib - around and around. He has the camera in his hand. He is slinging it against the bars of the crib. He is tossing it and shouting "Woah!!!" and then asking it "Ayoo okay?" He is laughing hysterically at his new toy.

He chatters like this for an hour. I keep anticipating a distressed holler, but I don't get it. He surely drifts off to sleep, as do I, eventually. After laughing into my pillow at this silly, funny, hilarious boy that is my son.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

awwww...how cute!! he just needed a little middle of the night entertainment and found a way to provide it for himself!!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

You have GOT to put a video camera in there! And those monitors should have the capability to record anyway.

Can't wait to kiss that funny monkey of yours!

7:46 AM  
Blogger louann said...

how cute! and entertainment for you in the middle of the night too :)

2:01 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

LMAO! What a source of entertainment they are, huh? Even at 2am!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home