< Upheaval: Too much

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Too much

A friend posted on her blog recently that she knows that she is God's favorite. Her post made me laugh, because, HELLO? No she isn't! We are all the same! Right?

Apparently, we aren't.

I have borrowed her coveted title for awhile.

Sometimes the list of prayer requests runs a little long. A couple of weeks ago at our small group Bible study, I rattled off four major stressors in my life, much to the chagrin of the notetaker. I felt overwhelmed, and like things were not really going my way.

One of my main concerns was that I had no one to keep my sweetbabygirl when I went back to work on March 17th. If you have ever left your child with anyone, ever, for any amount of time, you know that this can be a wee bit stressful. Especially when they are an infant who cannot tell you why they are crying.

All the daycares that I would even think about putting her in are full. All the private sitters I know went out and got "real" jobs or have long waiting lists. My mom is always good as a backup, but she, too, has a "real" job.

It drives Daniel crazy when I don't get worked up. I relax a lot and say that I know God will answer my prayers (even if I am not sure!). I relax and know that I just need to be patient (even if I don't feel patient!). I relax and hope that I have done my part and that God will meet me where I am.

He did.

One of my friends called me Monday. She said she has been praying about it and she would really love to keep Korenna for me when I go back to work. My hands were shaking and my eyes filled with tears. She is going to keep my baby. And hold her when she needs to be held. And make sure she burps good after she eats so she won't spit up. And play with her when she wakes up long enough to play.

My cup runs over, and I don't know why. But I am so grateful.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

I am so grateful too. Knowing that Korenna will get some special love while Mama love is away.

It is difficult to be patient but when we are, surprising things can happen!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

What an answer to prayer! I'm glad that stress is laid to rest. It seems that God just loves to come to the rescue like that!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

God really does provide, and he loves to do it in amazing ways, so we know it's Him and not us. I'm so glad Korenna has someone to take care of her while you're away, and you have someone you feel you can trust to love her 'almost' as much as you do. :)

9:36 AM  
Blogger louann said...

I agree with Allison, God really provides. He knows our needs and he has everything planned out for us long before we even realize our needs, problems or issues and He is in control of everything. Sometimes, we tend to panic without realizing how much love God has for us.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Wow girl, back to work already? Is maternity leave only 6 weeks?

I feel blessed today. One year maternity leave here in Canada - one whole year.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

are you kidding me? one year? how much of it is paid?

i need to move to canada.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Good luck with that, Amanda. You'll have to drag me kicking and screaming the whole dang way.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

You get paid 55% of your income for the year. Some companies even top up your income so that you're paid 100% while on maternity leave.
The government is actually now looking to extend maternity leave to 2 years. I guess us Canadians are not having enough babies, so this is their way to try and sweeten the deal!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home