< Upheaval: Season Seven

Friday, February 15, 2008

Season Seven

After six seasons, you would think I would grow tired of watching what has essentially become a parody of itself, but Fox still calls my name on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Maybe because I identify so strongly with the vocal rejects? Maybe because everything else is on hold while the writers frantically write three months worth of episodes to my other shows?

This will make me feel better:


Dear Judges,

There is no such thing as "a million percent" or "a billion percent" or even, ridiculously enough, "a trillion percent." Saying such a number does not seem smart about math. It does not make you seem smart about anything.

My personal preference is that, for the sake of emphasis, you may say "one hundred and ten percent" which conveys an appropriate amount of extra effort. Saying these other exorbitant numbers just to imply that you are truly positive about a contestant's skill just makes you look stupid.

Also, Paula - you look like a bobble-head when you nod to the music.

Just my opinion,

Amanda Sue

7 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

I think it'd be more effective if you signed it: Amanda Suzanna Banana.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

fee fie fo fana

ha!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Better than Chuck. Or Mitch.

haha...wheeeeeee.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Have they finished weeding out all the people who cant sing yet? Is it safe for me to watch? I cant stand all the crazy's they have the first few episodes. Ugh!

Amanda Suzanna Banana? Hmmm... I like it!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Erica Logan said...

Amanda, I found you! No, this has nothing to do with your obsession with American Idol, but it DOES have to do with an old friend who is completely happy to have hunted you down. Can't wait to catch up on all the years I've missed of your blog. And, I'm VERY jealous that you're there with Chana and I'm not. It was supposed to be ME visiting Ave Raye in China. Dang those Chinese hospitals!

Looking forward to catching up!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Jemmers said...

I agree!!! :)

1:54 PM  
Blogger Kandace said...

Pathetic as it is, Tues/Wed night is TV date night in our house. Cereal and American Idol and we are good to go.

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home