< Upheaval: Two stories

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Two stories

Yesterday was a day for bloggable conversations.

Story number 1: I wish I had a video, so that you could fully appreciate what I am about to tell you, but I will have to rely on words.

Me: Hey, did Korenna have a dirty diaper earlier?

D: Yeah, a big one!

Me: Oh, okay. She has been eating cereal for the past week or so, and I was wondering if it changed her poop.

D: No. It looked the same.

Me: Oh. I imagine pretty soon she will be making real turds.

D (standing at the sink scrubbing something) looks up, eyebrows raised, hopeful. He nodded his head and smiled like I had just given him the biggest gift. If I could put into words what his expression told me, it was something like, "That's my girl! I don't much know what to do with someone who can't poop solid, but now you're talking a language I can understand! Sweet! Real turds! I can't wait!"

Story number 2: Later, as Dillon watched The Backyardigans after dinner, I walked through the living room (libbin' woom) with laundry to put away. Daniel and Dillon were sitting together on the couch. I squinted at the television.

Me: Is that a new episode?

D: No. I have seen it before. They are pirates.

Me: Yeah, but I don't recognize the song. Are you sure it isn't new?

I stop to watch for a minute.

Me: I think this is one that is in his Backyardigans book.

Me: Oh, yeah! This is the one where they have a treasure map that is torn in half and they are racing to find the treasure. I remember.

I walk away to go put the laundry in the bedrooms. A few steps down the hall, I backtrack.

Me: Let's just pretend like we didn't just have that conversation, mmmkay?

D: (shrugs) That's how we roll.

3 Comments:

Blogger Melis said...

Girl! You do not know how many times I have had similar conversations with my man about kid shows. We even tivo'd an episode of the Wonder Pets because WE wanted to see it!!! OMG! Save me from myself!

9:44 AM  
Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

We have conversations like that about the Wiggles and Yo Gabba Gabba!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Yep, yep, yep. Kid show conversations happen far too frequently here as well.

Okay, so he's really happy that Korenna will soon have poop patties? Those are great until you get all comfortable with them and BAM! there's a mudslide in her pants.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home