< Upheaval: I know you

Thursday, July 24, 2008

I know you

It has been six short months, and they have raced by. You have a bigger place in my heart than I ever thought you could. This is what I know.

You like your left thumb, but in a pinch you will take your right. You like to put your other hand on the back of your head while you suck your thumb. It helps you keep it still.

You have one long hair that almost touches your left eyebrow. All of your other hair is short and new, but you have one, residual, soldier of a baby hair that is sticking around.

You squawk when you are tired. You love to talk all day, but mostly when you are trying hard to stay awake. You make sweet baby-girl sounds that Dillon never knew how to make.

Speaking of Dillon, you just love him. You watch everything he does. He makes you laugh. When you are eating, and you hear Dillon in the other room, forget it. You twist your little body until you are all turned around, trying to see what he is doing. Baby food ends up on your forehead, between your toes, everywhere.

You LOVE your crib. You kick and kick when I lay you down, and you look around at your mobile, your mirror, and your chewy ring. You smile and make little squeals, you grab your favorite afghan (Friend) and pull it over your head, close your eyes, find your thumb and go to sleep.

Baths and swimming are the best thing ever. You move those chubby legs so fast and so constantly that you are exhausted by the time we get out of the water.

You furrow your brow just like I do. You look so serious, but I know you. I know you are just taking it all in, and that you are a funny, cute, and silly girl underneath all of that.


I love you, sweet girl. In a way I never knew I would. I love how soft your tummy is. I love how sticky and wet your hands are, grabbing my hair. I love how your neck always smells so powdery. I love your big, open-mouthed smiles, full of gums and drool.

And we are so blessed to have you. Happy six months, Korenna!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

That was the sweetest post EVER! Korenna is an angel with sparkly eyes :)

She does frinkle quite like her momma and her cousin Ava too.

Happy 1/2 year birthday, baby girl!

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww . . . that brought a little tear to my eye. Beautiful post about a beautiful girl. Happy six months--Korenna and Mom!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Oh and the slobber on her chin reminds me of dear Uncle Clay. When he was a baby. Not now. Hopefully.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

i don't think he slobbers like that anymore. not since he wore blue corduroy overalls. :)

1:32 PM  
Blogger louann said...

I agree, a very sweet post!

Happy 6 months to your little girl. She is adorably cute!

3:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww! I miss my little drooly baby girl now.

Korenna is beautiful!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home