< Upheaval: Overheard, at my own dinner table

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Overheard, at my own dinner table

Woman, sophisticated even though she is licking Cane's sauce off her elbow: Cane's chicken is awesome!

Man, devouring his food at a phenomenal pace, just grunts and says: It's okay.

Woman, overthinking and wondering how many years they have to be married before this guy realizes he just needs to AGREE with her - always: Why would you say it is "okay?" This chicken is really good and the sauce is so much better than anything else, even ice cream. I think it is GREAT!

Man, still devouring his food, grunts and says: I dunno. I guess it is just "okay" cause it doesn't have anything to do with cheese.

3 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I honestly laughed out loud at that last man comment. Well, now I know what we should get him for Christmas. :D

5:23 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Don't be surprised if one day you are all taking a road trip to Wisconsin...

9:28 AM  
Blogger Carrie White said...

Oh my gosh! I just had my first taste of Cane's chicken sauce on a recent trip to Louisiana. I absolutely LOVED it and now I can't get it anywhere around here (Toledo). And honestly, I really don't want to go to Lousiana again -- not a big fan of the place. Now I'm craving Cane's. Thanks for nothin'! :-)

Carrie (a friend of Stacey P.'s)

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home