< Upheaval: Five year reflection

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Five year reflection

You know how sometimes you get asked that question, "Where do you see yourself in five years?"

Do you ever look back to see if you are in the right place? Does your life line up with what you dreamed and hoped five or ten years ago?

Five years ago, Daniel and I had just bought our first house. We had been married almost nine months. We had no kids, but we had a sweet, sweet dog Tux.

Five years ago, I was a pre-k teacher. I had just finished a Master's degree.

Five years ago, I was in pretty decent shape. For real.

Fast forward to now. I have two happy, funny kids. I have a marriage that has lasted five years, and we are still growing and learning more about each other. I have a new business that is the heart of what I want my life's purpose to be. I have awesome friends and wonderful family supporting me through all of this. I am superbly blessed.

If, by God's grace, I am granted another five years on this earth, I hope I'll spend it with Daniel, Korenna, and Dillon. I hope there will be other children for us. I hope my school will grow and be a great resource in our community. I hope my family will have continued health and happiness.

But I am not promised even ONE tomorrow.

So tonight, before I tuck myself in to sleep, I'll count the blessings of today, and say "Thank you."


For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

Great post!

I am where I dreamed I'd be. The path here just ended up being far different than I imagined.

2009 will be unexpectedly difficult for so many but I imagine blessings will abound as well. I guess it isn't so much about counting our blessings as it is appreciating them.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home