< Upheaval: Top o' the mornin'!

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Top o' the mornin'!

I am absolutely positive that my children love me. Korenna lunges at me with open-mouthed kisses of unashamed affection. Dillon says "Mama? Ah you my favwit boy?" at least thirty times a day. Hugs, snuggles, love pats, and all that good stuff.

So, why, in the name of all things Holy, do they not ever let me sleep late? And by "late," I mean one nanosecond past six. Seriously!

Friday morning won the award for the most absurd, sitcom-ish morning of the week. K started talking and whining at five. I lay in my bed, waiting for her to start sucking her thumb and go back to sleep. Fifteen minutes later, I rolled out of bed and went to get her.

The babysitter takes naps with my daughter on a regular basis, so I thought maybe I could too. I have even asked her specifically how this is done, because never has Korenna ever tolerated a nap with me. I positioned her in my bed exactly how Krystal told me to, and closed my eyes.

Yeah, right.

Thirty frustrating minutes later, I rolled out of bed and went to put her back in her own bed. She sucked her thumb and went to sleep. SCORE!

I still had twenty minutes to snooze before I had to get ready for school. I crawled eagerly under the covers and relaxed.

Fourteen seconds later, Dillon was standing by my bed. "Mama! My clock can't say six yet! Go put my clock to six! And also, my pants are wet."

He has been potty trained since last summer and has had all of two accidents in his bed. One of them was Friday morning.

It was like a Great Lake in there. Everything had to be stripped and Dillon had to be bathed.

There went my twenty minutes, plus some! I was totally late for school Friday! And I woke up at FIVE! Am I on Candid Camera???

I know there are some people who opt for early wake-up. Like old people. And exercise fanatics. And my own children.

Are there any old people or exercise fanatics who want a morning babysitting gig? I don't want to keep all the baby love to myself, especially before the sun comes up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

You require sleep like no other I know. It is as if your body has exactly X number of hours it requires on a daily basis. Shouldn't be surprising that your children are the same way. Their bodies just reach their X number of hours by exactly 6am.

I love Dillon's insistence that the clock simply can't reach its goal of saying six.

Of course Korenna can't nap with you. You are MOMMA. She might miss a single second of the opportunity to adore you.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amanda,

You make me feel more normal!

Caleb gets up around 6:00 as well. He's early to bed and early to rise.

Amanda

8:35 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

ROTFLMAO! Ah! Thank god I'm not alone. Thanks for the smile. I love to read your posts.

Nite nite Mamma!

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home