< Upheaval: Wanna be a baller, shot caller

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Wanna be a baller, shot caller

Every time I load the blogger page, I see an ad on the bottom that says "Want to be a Blogstar?" and then the song starts over in my head. During its popularity, I knew every word to the "baller" song, so it is quite a long rendition. I have to stop what I am doing, and look off in the distance as I think about

Twenty inch BLADES
On the Im-PAH-la...

This is very distracting, and unproductive at school. We sing songs like "Where is Thumbkin" and I am jerking my head to the ghetto thump in my brain. "But there's got to be a better way, better way, YEAH..."

4 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

i used to work at a gym. and my manager at this gym was a very tall, "healthy" black man. That said, he was about 6'5" and 400 pounds. he had a REALLY deep voice, and i LOVED it when he would walk around singing this song, just because his voice was so big, and he was so big, and it was just fun to witness.

8:12 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

you know, i never knew it said "shot caller." i always just thought it said, "shakalah," like some sort of Indian term or something. i didn't really know what it meant, just that it rhymed. and i like rhymes.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

...because so many hiphop songs have Indian terms in the middle of them...

3:58 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

yeah. you didn't know? gosh, amanda. PAY ATTENTION!

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home