< Upheaval: Scanner, shmanner

Monday, April 04, 2005

Scanner, shmanner

If you ask me, I will tell you what kind of toilet tissue I prefer. I will also tell you what I bought on sale, and what was full price. I am not shy.

But I refuse to participate in AC Neilson's Homescan Consumer Panel ANYMORE!

My husband loves - LOVES - gadgets. Michelle's mom has been on the consumer panel for, like, 100 years, and he thought that was cool, so he signed us up. US.

For about six months, I have scanned every item we have purchased from every store. I have entered the prices. I have transmitted the total over the internet. I have remembered to charge the little scanner. But then today happened.

After a harried day of school, with a pounding headache because of the weather change, and increased stress from family matters, I went to Wal-Mart. I spent almost $150 and left in tears, knowing that I was only halfway done with the business of grocery shopping.

I dropped a bag of groceries at home, screamed an expletive, then grabbed the scanner and threw it out in the yard. Mature, huh?

So we are done. We didn't accumulate enough points to go on a cruise. We will not ever get a free television for our efforts. We are just not tough enough to hang with the serious scanners. WE.

We quit. Daniel just doesn't know it.

8 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

uh-oh. when will you tell him? that's going to make SUCH a great post.

maybe daniel should get a blog of his own. ;)

7:30 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

daniel is out of town on business. i will probably inform him when he gets home, or he will figure it out in a few years when he asks if we have enough points to fly to alaska.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

daniel needs to get a blog of his own, but he hunts and pecks, so he would NEVER get a post together in a timely manner.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Did you retrieve the scanner yet or is it still being punished?

9:27 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

the scanner is safe on its charging base, otherwise i would be sued for ONE MILLION DOLLARS (bwahahahahaha!) by the AC Neilson company...

6:35 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

If you don't want your scanner anymore, I'm sure my mother would take it from you since hers is oh-so-old and yours is nice and new! :) Poor Daniel... giving up gadgets can be so hard for him! Good luck!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

i am sure that i will have to return the scanner to the company, unless she wants to buy it from me...

for ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!! (bwahahahaha!)

1:36 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Scanning everything sucks...and it's not like my mom will ever really use all the point...I think that she has enough points to be the new CEO...or at least the consultant for the greater Houston area!!! :) She probably has enough points for more than 1 person to go somewhere....and she likes you more than me...so if you ask, you could go!!! :)

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home