< Upheaval: School's Out!!!

Friday, May 27, 2005

School's Out!!!

I am sorry to have to say this, but those who are not educators or school employees cannot understand the stress that is involved in the end-of-the-year routine! So much has to be done, and so many loose ends have to be tied. The children still need to be taught (at least, entertained) but this is done half-heartedly while your brain is doing something else entirely.

But another year is done. Summertime looms ahead, hot and sweaty, with possible dips in the pool and lazy afternoons of reading.

In August, when kids and teachers alike reach the ultimate level of boredom, the bells will ring again, and it will be time to start back. Tan and healthy, everyone will be ready to sit still in the air-conditioning and look forward to what the year may hold.

In August, however, I will have my backpack on my back. I will be walking through those doors in order to be taught, not to teach. It is a relief to end a school year, but it is sad to say goodbye to friends, co-workers, and kids that I have worked with for three years.

I am a little nostalgic, but I am excited to sit in the air-conditioning and look forward to what the year may hold.

6 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I like your little "Free" unkymood. Very appropriate. So I'm confused, are you going back to school then? Are you pursuing a different degree? Did I miss something somewhere? It's been a long day (week) so forgive me if I missing something.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

*singing for you*

Schoooooooooool's OUT for SUMMER!!

YEAH!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

i am going back to school for a master's in Autism/Emotional Disorders. it is a one year program, it is grant funded, and it will give me WAY more time at home with the baby - at least for the first year or so.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

so are we starting our summer with a celebratory swim tomorrow? Or do we have to wait until Monday? Let me know!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Amanda's super smart. Not super skirty like the Old Navy cheeseball commercial...just super smart. And she makes me VERY proud :)

7:33 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

That sounds so interesting...studying Autism. I used to drive a special ed bus for about eight years and I had a boy named Jarred who was autistic. He was so beautiful, couldn't spk but he would smile alot and laugh out loud. I watched him grow into a teenager, then his mom left his father because she met someone on the internet, I heard she has put him in a home now, I often think about him.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home