< Upheaval: Survey says...

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Survey says...

Thanks for the questions Vanessa! Readers, let me know if you want to be interviewed and I will try to come up with some questions for ya!

1. Why did you decide to become a teacher?

I have had lots of career changes. My undergraduate degree is in psychology and criminal justice. I worked with troubled teens and decided that felt too hopeless. I wanted to work with little kids, and so I went back to school for a degree in early childhood. I am going BACK to school again in the Fall to study Autism and Emotional Disorders, so I am not sure if I will keep teaching or not.

2. How did you meet your husband?

I met Daniel at the Police Department in our town. I was dispatching part-time at the tail-end of college. He had just started at the PD and I couldn't stand him. One time he got an attitude with me for sending him to a call that was out of his district. Daniel can definitely hold his own, and that caught my attention right away. Eventually, he decided that I was too cute to be rude to. :)

Update: Daniel decided I was too cute when he saw my panties one day at work. There! Ya happy???

3. Tell us one embarrassing moment you’ve experienced.

Okay, I only have a new one of these DAILY!!!

Yesterday, a student in my class had an accident and I had to change her panties. I keep packages of kids underwear just for this. Her dad is a very straight-laced and respected coach for our high school. He doesn't smile much and is pretty conservative. He came to pick her up after school and I said "Victoria had an accident and we had to change her underwear. I had already sent her extra clothes home for the year so I just put her in a pair of my panties."

Then I turned really red and tried to explain that they weren't really MY PANTIES, just some that I kept in case of emergency, but the damage was done. Sheesh.

4. What woman do you most admire?

I had to think about this a lot! There are successful women who I do not admire because of their lack of morals. There are very moral women who can't get it together professionally, or if they choose, with their families. So after some serious thought, I can say that I admire Laura Bush. I think she is dignified and educated. I think she is a strong, supportive, and prayerful wife. I think she is a good mother. She seems pleasant and even-tempered.

(This is very hard to find an answer to! I challenge each of you to think of one!)

5. If you could have one wish to come true for your baby, what would that wish be?

I wish for my baby to know in his life that he is loved. He may not always be healthy, because, really, who is? He may not be hyper-intelligent, but does that really take you far in life? He may not dress as well as his peers at school or have the best job or ride his bike without training wheels first, but I want him to always know, and never doubt, that he is loved. Not only by his family and friends, but by the Lord Jesus Christ, who has built him from dust and made him exactly the way that he is.

6 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

i laughed OUT LOUD at your embarrassing story. oh, amanda...i can just imagine it now! :)

(and i loved your answer to #5)

8:34 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

First I laughed at your embarrassing story...then I cried at your answer for Baby Dillon.

Thanks.

However, I thought Daniel was attracted to you cuz he saw your panties at work?

9:19 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

yeah. i thought so too. i just didn't want to out you to the whole Internet.

but, since Jenn already said it, i'm seconding her question.

amanda, you got some 'splaining to do!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

We need to have more Amanda interviews. This was great!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

okay stalkers-who-memorize-every-detail-of-my-life. i fixed it.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for participating. Baby Dillon is a lucky one already! (Loved the panties story!!)

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home