< Upheaval: Someone tagged meme!

Monday, July 18, 2005

Someone tagged meme!

What I was doing 10 years ago:

Ten years ago it was the summer before my senior year of high school. I was 16, checking groceries, and chomping at the bit to get out of the house for good!

What I was doing 5 years ago:

Five years ago, I had just finished (my first round of) college. I was dispatching at the police department. I knew Daniel but was not dating him yet. I was living with my favorite roommate ever, working nights, and generally enjoying the last of my days as a carefree and irresponsible student. (This is before I realized that I could just attend college forever, and continue to be carefree and irresponsible.)

What I was doing 1 year ago:

One year ago, I was twenty-five. We were getting ready to go to England to visit Daniel’s brother. It was our first summer in our house, and we were working hard on re-doing the yard which was destroyed in a storm in June.

What I was doing yesterday:

Yesterday was Sunday, which I love! We got up and went to early church in our brand new church building. We came home and did a few chores, then Daniel and I shared leftovers from a yummy Italian restaurant, shared the newspaper, then shared a nap.

5 snacks I enjoy:

1) Moolenium Crunch ice cream by Blue Bell
2) Strawberries and Homemade Vanilla ice cream by Blue Bell
3) Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream by Blue Bell
4) Tin Roof ice cream by Blue Bell
5) The Great Divide ice cream by Blue Bell

5 songs I know all the words to:

1) This Mystery by Nichole Nordeman
2) Amarillo by Morning by George Strait
3) Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf from one of my kid cds
4) It’s a Brand New Day from the genital herpes commercial (really, there are only five words, and it is so easy to sing along with!)
5) Get it Poppin’ by Fat Joe and Nelly (I realize this song is probably nasty, but by "all the words," I mean that I sing the chorus when it comes on)

5 Things I would do with $100 million:

1) Buy the tenth season of Friends
2) Buy Daniel a boat
3) Buy Daniel a lake for his boat
4) Buy myself a house beside Daniel’s lake
5) Do all that goody-goody stuff like share with my family and friends and give to charities.

5 locations I would like to run away to:

Run? Who wants to run? I guess if I had to run it would be:
1) to my neighbor Laura’s house
2) to my neighbor Mr. Bill’s house
3) to my neighbor Ann’s house
4) to my neighbor Mr. Stransky’s house and
5) FINALLY, as a last resort, I would run two houses up to the crazy suicidal man’s house.
Other than that, I guess I would just sit here at my own house. Stupid question...


5 bad habits I have:

1) being sarcastic
2) being emotionally unstable
3) eating ice cream obsessively
4) sometimes saying words that have no place in a lady’s vocabulary
5) thinking I won’t like something (Vietnamese food) before I try it and then realize that it is just a weird combination of stuff I already know (white rice and peanut butter)

5 things I like doing:

1) being in the water on a sunny day
2) playing on the computer
3) listening to Daniel’s stories
4) reading
5) taking pictures

5 things I would never wear:

1) high heeled tennis shoes with fishnet hose
2) super short shorts with heels, unless I ever looked like Jessica
3) rings on every finger
4) a tee shirt that says “I’m with stupid” or
5) a tube top – EW!


5 TV shows I like:

1) Friends
2) Desperate Housewives
3) The Joe Schmo Show (Daniel and I watched the entire first season in a marathon one Sunday!)
4) COPS
5) Gray’s Anatomy.


5 Biggest joys of the moment:

1) seeing Dillon slide from one side of my belly to the other
2) having freshly vacuumed carpet in my house
3) seeing my husband come in the house in the morning, looking so handsome in his uniform
4) eating whatever I want without feeling guilty
5) having three ripe mangoes on the counter just waiting for me!


5 Favorite toys:

1) DVR cable box
2) my SLR camera
3) our new computer
4) Sirius satellite radio in my car and
5) my air conditioner. Yes, that counts!

5 people that I am tagging:

1) Jenn (mostly because she hasn't had a new post in for-evah!)
2) Michelle (because she needs to post too, especially THE PICTURE)
3) Melinda (because she is too political)
4) “Ben” (because he has shared way TMI about his weekend with Sydney...)
5) no one else because everyone else has been tagged. EVERYONE ELSE! I PROMISE!

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Amanda Sue....

I really, really like you... PLEASE don't make me do this... nobody is responding to this post on anybody's blog.

I don't like meme's but I think you are pretty cool if that will make you feel better. ;)

3:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I still don't know what the word "meme" means.

6:42 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

how did i not see this yesteray? how? i was in front of a computer ALL DAY LONG.

that said, i still don't believe you when you say the vietnamese fried rice was white rice and peanut butter. that just doesn't make sense.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AS -- You didn't tag me. Thank *GOD*.
;-)

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home